Author Topic: Where do people go to keep track of new releases?  (Read 713 times)

Where do people go to keep track of new releases?
« on: February 13, 2021, 11:30:42 am »
For the first time in a very long time I feel pretty lost in regards to what new games are coming out soon and what games have been announced. I feel like it used to be pretty easy with events like E3 and also just going down to my local Gamestop or independent game store and browsing their new releases. Unfortunately E3 is becoming less and less relevant, the way Gamestop has reorganized their stores makes it impossible to know what's out beyond bigger titles, and and most of the independent stores in my area are now gone. Ideally I'd like some sort of online source that tracks this that isn't some clickbait, click the arrow to see the next game, or website that's all about gaming controversies and super hero movies as much as the games themselves (aka Kotaku, Gamespot, IGN). I just want a source that I can go to where it's like, "oh this and this were announced last week, and these games are coming out next month, and this game comes out this week!"

Does anything like this exist? Where do you all go to keep track of what's been announced and what's coming out for mutliple consoles over the next few months? Also, I'd like if they include smaller releases, and even reporting on limited release titles too (ie. LRG, SRG) would be a great bonus.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:32:15 am by bikingjahuty »

dhaabi

Re: Where do people go to keep track of new releases?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 11:35:00 am »
For limited print releases, Limited Game News is quite up-to-date and active.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:36:37 am by dhaabi »

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 11:38:56 am »
For limited print releases, Limited Game News is quite up-to-date and active.

And I do use that for limited release games primarily, but I'm mostly looking for a source that tracks non-limited, retail release new games coming out soon and also games that have just been announced.

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 04:07:25 pm »
I believe that I asked the exact same question, late last year. lol. I pretty much stick to the same sources as I did then. Retail websites, like GameStop and Best Buy. If you search by category, then sort by date released, newest to oldest. It will show you which titles they're planning to receive in the coming months or which are available for pre-order. I just find out about games by looking at those lists, and if it's interesting enough, I look up the previews on it.

I mostly don't pre-order. I just check what's recently released and go from there.