Author Topic: REVIVE a Dead Video Game Series / Franchise  (Read 5979 times)

Re: REVIVE a Dead Video Game Series / Franchise
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2020, 04:50:18 am »
20 years after Chrono Cross, and I’m still waiting for Square to do Chrono Break.....
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2020, 05:19:12 am »
Ape Escape - I'd like to see a full new game rather than a remake of the first game.

Bully - A lot of people want this. It was apparently in the works with leaked concept art out in the wild that seemed really intriguing. Whatever it ends up being I'd really like to play it. The new Hogwarts game may satisfy that school exploration part of Bully though.

Guitar Hero - Probably bring back the original style of controller. Activision has been doing everything right in my eyes in the last few years so I imagine a new Guitar Hero would be great.

Chibi-Robo! - A remake of the first game or a sequel like it.

Conker - Eh. I doubt that anyone put in charge of this would get it right. Bad Fur Day was sort of a "product of its time" like Gex.

Burger King - Or other advertising console games. Chex Quest HD should be ported to consoles.

pzeke

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2020, 05:47:18 am »
20 years after Chrono Cross, and I’m still waiting for Square to do Chrono Break.....

HA! Keep dreaming. I wouldn't mind a Chrono Cross remake, though.

I wouldn't mind a Chrono Cross remake, though.

HA! Keep dreaming.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 11:08:29 am »
Dark Souls has some nods to King's Field, but it's not the same.

mark1982

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 12:20:42 pm »

Definitely different, but inspired by.

I remember reading an article where Miyazaki said he's a big fan of the King's Field series and was inspired by them when creating Demon's and Dark Souls. He also mentioned that revisiting the King's Field series would be difficult since the original creator is no longer at the company and would be afraid he couldn't capture the creators vision.

I say, just bring him back for that project then, heh. He can oversee the art direction and what not, I believe From definitely has the funds to do so now.
  l    l 

pzeke

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 02:23:43 pm »

I never said they were the same...

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

kypherion

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2020, 06:27:17 pm »
I mean Castlevania is basically dead so why not

Only series that comes to mind at the moment is Sparkster. Why not?
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2020, 10:30:54 am »
I'd also like to see them bring back Space Quest.  It's the only Quest series in Sierra's archive where the story is left unfinished. 

They'll have to find a new narrator though.
RIP Gary Owens

pzeke

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2020, 09:00:40 am »

We had that back in 2010.

sworddude

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2020, 10:26:42 am »

We had that back in 2010.

it should have stayed dead  :P

that's not how you do a remake. I'd say worse than the more recent battle toads wich wasn't that hot either.

still in terms of castlevania I'd say ritual of the night is the succesor for both metroidvania and the 2d action genre. with some pretty solid releases. It's not like even the OG castlevania always had the same cast among them games. Looking at bloodlines, or portrait of ruin to name some examples no belmonts at all.

The original creators are with this series after all so castlevania ain;t dead imo, sticking with the official castlevania IP with konami is just asking for mobile gacha games I don't see a revival anytime soon. why stay with a dead corpse, the good castlevania creators have already left konami. suikoden aswell, kojima with metal gear moved out of konami aswell literally making games on his own.

Seriously what's actually left of konami, not to mention that even in the golden era's konami had employees that where leaving the company left and right. making companies such as treasure with some of the best games or creating hidden gems such as 10.000 bullets on the ps2.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 10:34:12 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!