Author Topic: PS3, PSP & Vita Store Closing Down - I hope I've Read This Wrong?!  (Read 7419 times)

As part of the big new update, Sony is removing the ability to purchase PS3, PSP and PS Vita games from the online PlayStation Store. PS4 Apps, Themes and Avatars will also be removed the web and mobile PlayStation Stores.
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1350044/PlayStation-Store-update-PS4-PS3-Vita-wishlists-Avatars-themes-games

I'm pretty sure it's just noting the Online Website & not the PS Store one consoles - Even so, it might be a good time to check out them DLC/Updates you have & make a PS3 back up to an External HDD.

pzeke

Re: PS3, PSP & Vita Store Closing Down - I hope I've Read This Wrong?!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 05:27:47 am »
According to the e-mail I got, you can still make purchases directly from the console.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 06:29:44 am »
Hopefully so, but have you tried accessing the PS3 store? Often when i try download something it crashes. If anything I find it easier to go into my account settings and Download history to Re-Download anything.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 10:27:32 am »
I just got the PS Now subscription, which has many of the PS3 titles playable on the PS4. While there are games that can be downloaded to your PS4, sadly, there are none from the PS3 (like Double Dragon Neon), that can be downloaded. Those can only be played via streaming.  :(

I'm late to the current console gaming market. I've only had a PS4 since Christmas of 2019. I went from having a PS2 to an Xbox 360 & then reverted back to the PS2. I was so bound & determined to not buy a PS4 or Xbox One, but my wife got it for me unexpectedly. I resisted hooking it up & playing for a solid three days, but then gave in.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 01:56:42 pm »
The new PlayStation Store website is so laughably awful. Sony seems to be purposely trying to get people to spend less money buying games.

Add-ons are no longer showed on a game's product page. There's also no trailers or screenshots or file size.

You cannot sort anything in any way. You can't sort low to high, high to low, alphabetical, nothing. It's just shown to you in a random order.

You can no longer see new add-ons. The add-ons page just shows the most popular games. Every week I would load up the new this week section and claim all the free add-ons and other content but now I can't do that at all.

I could go on but wow. I wanted a new look for the store because it looked so old but this is horrible in every way.

thewelshman

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 02:11:54 pm »
Hopefully this will lead to some pretty decent sales. I have a ton of old PSN Plus games for PS3, and Vita still queued up to play. I can vouch that it still works for the Vita, but my PS3 is a glorified Bluray/Netflix player in my son's room for the moment.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 05:58:34 pm »
Whenever things like this occur I always wonder what games will be impacted by the simple fact that one day, day one patches will not be available any longer.  What physically owned games will impacted by game breaking bugs that cannot be patched out?  It saddens me because for a while I thought I would always be safe with physical copies.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 09:53:52 pm »
Whenever things like this occur I always wonder what games will be impacted by the simple fact that one day, day one patches will not be available any longer.  What physically owned games will impacted by game breaking bugs that cannot be patched out?  It saddens me because for a while I thought I would always be safe with physical copies.

I was hoping the that the patch servers would never close. I am just hoping someone will open up another patch server for every PlayStation 3 game out there, if the PS3 patch server closes. since you cannot just back up ALL, of the patch data onto another PS3.

the PS3 backup utility says you can't backup all the patch data. Some games might need to be hacked in order to use some of the game patches.

Here is more details below in this topic.
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10381.msg170242.html#msg170242
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:07:32 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 11:25:11 am »
I'm late to the current console gaming market. I've only had a PS4 since Christmas of 2019.

I'm in the same boat; I got mine on Black Friday, mainly because the price was right and the Final Fantasy VII Remake was on the horizon. Even after all that, I hemmed and hawed before hooking it up, which was about two weeks after the release of FFVII Remake, and it has literally been the only game I've played so far; I aimed to platinum it, but procrastination won.

As for the topic at hand, I haven't logged in in a while, so I don't know how things are currently within the store, but I'd like to think any possible hiccups are due to the updates they're pushing, so hopefully everything will go back to normal soon after.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

mrkonasoni

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 05:29:38 pm »
Thank God for PS3Hen
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 02:56:35 am »
The time is upon us ladies and gentlemen! The PlayStaton 3, PSP & Vita Stores are all closing beyond this summer!
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-22-sonys-ps3-psp-and-vita-digital-stores-reportedly-closing-for-good-this-summer

So, NOW is the time to get your affairs in order, then go back to your PS3's and load up the horrible PS Store and get anything and EVERYTHING YOU NEED! Yes... YES even the ridiculous Epilogue for the Prince of Persia Reboot (Or what for Ubisoft to never put it on sale on the Xbox 360 version...)

Or is it already to late?!
https://www.psu.com/news/ps3-psp-and-ps-vita-will-stop-accepting-payments-in-europe-through-card-and-paypal-from-january-1-2021/

I don't know if Updates will still be active or not, but it would be very wise to install all the games your care for most and update them, then make a backup of your PS3 HDD onto an external HDD to future proof these experience as much as possible.

I just made a video with some tips on how to download and back-up your PS3 experience:
https://youtu.be/j3Yyapdg4kE
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:37:10 am by vivigamer »

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 11:54:19 am »
I'm more worried wheter or not you will still be able to download patches or are those going to be gone aswell?

Flashback2012

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 12:00:41 pm »

Guess I have to unearth the PS3/PSP/Vita games from the basement, figure out which ones I want to be updated, and see if there's any DLC I do want to pay for.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 12:05:18 pm »
This in unfounded information that originated from a website nobody ever heard about before. It's causing mass panic on several sites over the last 24 hours.... posting this unverified information is reckless and stupid.

Why would updates be effected by the store anyway?

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 06:21:30 pm »
This in unfounded information that originated from a website nobody ever heard about before. It's causing mass panic on several sites over the last 24 hours.... posting this unverified information is reckless and stupid.

Why would updates be effected by the store anyway?

Well years ago SONY closed down the PS3 Music CD information Server and SONY's Excuse was? that someone was caught cheating on their spouse.

technically SONY has the right to do this to the patch servers and store as well, I hope the patches will stay active but only time will tell.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:23:54 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"