Author Topic: Let's Get a Gaming Setup Thread Going  (Read 1924 times)

jipsy

Let's Get a Gaming Setup Thread Going
« on: November 10, 2020, 02:54:33 am »
This is my setup as of November 2020
Jipsy

Re: Let's Get a Gaming Setup Thread Going
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 03:10:39 am »
It's an old photo but pretty much the same:

Currently on my cabinet - PS5 (Soon), PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, PS Classic, Sega Megadrive Mini & PC

telekill

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 08:42:02 am »
I have a pretty basic setup.
 - 55" Vizio 4KTV
 - Soundbar audio system
 - PS4 (PS5 come Thurs)
 - Headset for gaming at night (3D Pulse wireless come Thurs)
 - Switch
 - Retro PI (looks like an mini SNES with 10k games on it)

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 09:19:14 am »
Currently I only have two setups, console games and PC.

Saturn
TV: Magnavox 20MS3442/17
AVR: Yamaha RX-V493
EQ: Pyle PPEQ100
Console 1: Sega Saturn US (SCART to component)
Console 2: Sega Saturn JP (SCART to component)
Cassette: Pioneer CT-M55R
Front left: Jensen SBC65
Front right: RCA SP9900
Sub: Vizio VSB211-Z

I do not have my specs updated for my gaming PC, so I will have to post that later.

EDIT: actually, I can post the specs of the computer I do my DOS "gaming" on (the machine that I play Major League Manager on)

Behemoth
Board: Intel DQ35JO
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 (2x 2 GB Avant PC2-6400 400 MHz CAS 6)
Video: XFX Radeon HD 4670 1 GB PCI-E
HDD:
- 20 GB Maxtor 6L020J1 (PATA)
- 80 GB Maxtor 6L080L4 (PATA)
- 80 GB Western Digital WD800AAJS (SATA)
- 80 GB Western Digital WD800AAJS (SATA)
ODD: Lite-On iHAS124 DVD+/-RW
Chassis: Antec P180 Gunmetal
PSU: [not documented]
Monitor: 21" 16:10 LCD Optiquest Q2162wb
Keyboard: Logitech Deluxe 250
Mouse: Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB
Speakers: self-built
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 09:23:55 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 01:31:44 pm »
This is my setup as of November 2020

They keyboard's a nice addition :)

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 06:33:20 pm »
It's an old photo but pretty much the same:

Currently on my cabinet - PS5 (Soon), PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, PS Classic, Sega Megadrive Mini & PC

@vivigamer

You must be quite a tall person I'm like 6 foot 3
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 06:44:42 pm »
I don't have much of a display my collection is stored on one shelving unit, and inside and outside an old entertainment center, some of my things are a mess inside two plastic containers, my collection is stored and sorted by Genre in other words I can just grab a game right away and play what ever kind of game I'm in the mood for. This kind of setup keeps me from staring at my collection for hours in order to find something to play, I play whatever I want to play for example if I want to play a first person shooter I know exactly where to find one without delay.

I highly recommend more of you sort by genre instead of only sorting by alphabetical order, you can still sort by consoles but I'd put all genres in one area so you can find a game for whatever you are in the mood for. Also I have certain series I like to keep together like my Halo related game collection is all in one small crate, in order of story.

White cut out paper is in on my shelves and collection cabinets that tells me what kind of games and genres are stored where,
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:49:53 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 06:49:38 pm »
    I've got a decent setup going in my new house, I want to take pictures but not until it's exactly how I want it all. Right now I'm working on replacing my wood burning fireplace with an electric one and my entertainment room is somewhat of a mess.
    • 50 inch, 2160p LG TV
    • Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Retron 77, RetroUSB AVS, NES Mini, SNES Mini, Genesis Mini, PC Engine Mini and PlayStation Mini hooked up via HDMI
    • Intellivision, NES and Intellivision Mini hooked up via composite video into my Framemeister
    • Nintendo 64 hooked up via S-Video into my Framemeister
    • PC Engine, Genesis, SNES, Sega Saturn, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox and Wii hooked up via component video to my Open Source Scan Converter and Framemeister
    • Dreamcast hooked up via VGA to my Open Source Scan Converter
    • Also have my Mac running from my office to the setup plus a Bluray player
    • I've got three video switchers - A 5 input Composite / S-Video switch from Radio Shack, An Extron 10 for my component video sources and a 16 input HDMI switcher

I've got the video output split four ways through my house's crawlspace. Full 1080p 60 hz video can be carried with no drops to all outputs, but I suspect I'd need to buy a down-sampler to carry a 2160p signal from a capable system like the PS5 to other rooms.
    Output 1) Goes to my 50 inch TV in my entertainment room
    Output 2) Goes to the main level of my house to the living room to my 55 inch LG TV. Any system with wireless controllers is perfectly playable up here as it's only up a half-stairway from my gaming / entertainment room
    Output 3) Goes to my garage to my old 40 inch Samsung TV. I usually use this TV to watch sports or shows while I'm out there, haven't tried gaming much in my garage so far. I'm not sure if the wireless controller signals would make it all the way out.
    Output 4) Goes to my Mac for capture. 

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:55:04 pm by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 09:50:58 am »
My setups haven't been in display shape since we got this second stupid cat.  All of my stuff is barricaded because she'll go dig back and unplug stuff.  I just yesterday went and actually packed away all but my PS2/PS3/360 in the room with non-modern stuff, mostly to make room for PS4/X1 to move into that room, but also realizing that there is absolutely no point having anything hooked up.  I never play and I can't even see the stuff because of this damned cat.

This damned cat that has taught my other cat the terrible ways of this new cat.

I hate cats.

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 10:11:25 am »
Here are the specs for my gaming computer:

Elite
Board: Asus H110M-C
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 (2x 16 GB G.Skill F4-2133C15-16GIS)
Video: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Audio: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Gold
HDD:
- 500 GB Crucial CT500MX (SATA SSD)
- 1 TB Seagate ST1000DM (SATA)
- 1 TB Western Digital WD10EZEX (SATA
ODD: Lite-On iHAS124 DVD+/-RW
Chassis: Chenbro SR-105
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Gold 500W
Monitor: 22" 16:9 Asus
Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 400
Mouse: Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical v1.1A
Speakers: Creative Inspire 5100
Input:
- Xbox 360 Wired Controller
- X-Series PS2 to USB adapter -> Sony DualShock 2 Analog Controller SCPH-10010 (clear blue)

I do not know where the box for this monitor is to get the model. The model is on the back but it is in Chinese. It connects to the computer with DVI. The computer is also connected to my HD TV with HDMI so I can kick back on the couch and watch videos.

The computer is named Elite because the chassis came from a now-closed company that sold computers branded Elite. So it still has that badge on it. The chassis being SR105 is a pedestal server chassis and this particular one used to house that company's Exchange Server.