Author Topic: September 2020 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 7574 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2020 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2020, 09:35:17 pm »

Got a copy of the Dragon Quest I-III trilogy for the switch. It's a bit odd that they never made a physical release for the US, but released it physically in English in China and Korea.

Only the first 3? Why not IV, as well? Just seems odd since they were all NES/Famicom titles. (And it's the best one out of the NES entries, at least in my opinion.)

theflea

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2020, 12:56:41 am »
well it's been a short while and I figured its time to show off my recent pick ups.
Including more from the store that keeps clearancing more and more games, my local Walmarts.

SWITCH
- Indiecalypse
- The Missing
- Brigandine
And of course I had to get this game, no brainer...
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars

XBone
- Agony (Saw this at my local used game store and don't see often in the wild, it was only $10)
These where all Walmart clearance...
- Steep ($7)
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection ($11)
- Dark Souls Remastered ($11)
- Lego Marvel Collection ($11)

PS4
Picked these up for $5 each at gamestop.
- 8 to Glory
- Lock's Quest
- Galak-Z the Void / Skulls of the Shogun 2 pack
These are the LRG style site pick ups...
- Indiecalypse
- Effie
- Worse Then Death
- The Missing
- Legend of the Tetrarshs
These are the Walmart clearance games.
- Professional Farmer: American Dream ($11)
- Medievil ($10)
- Devil May Cry 5 ($10)
- Wolfenstein Youngblood ($10)
- For Honor: Marching Fire Edition ($9)
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 ($1)

3DS
These all came from Walmart clearance...
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Game ($5)
- Luigi's Mansion ($11)
- Mario Party Star Rush ($11)
- Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions ($11)
- Mario Sports Super Stars ($7)
- Kirby Battle Royale ($7)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ($5)
- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire ($5)
- Ultimate NES Remix ($1)

VITA
Digging through Walmarts clearance games I found one Vita game at a good price.
- Street Fighter X Tekken ($9)

Wii
My local used game store got in a controller I've been looking to add to my collection.
- Zelda Skyward Sword Gold Wii Remote Controller.

NDS
Saw you can buy this obscure Atlus game brand new online for $15.
- Ontamarama

GBA
My local used game store had this CIB for a good price.
- Mario Tennis Power Tour

3DO
I had this item on my watch list a while on Ebay, the seller sent me an offer for $10 off, I counter offer another $10 off and he excepted.
- Shadow War of Seccession

ZX SPECTRUM
Saw a video showing this weird game where the publisher took some of their worst games people summited and told people not to buy the game.
So I picked up a copy because it made me laugh.
- Don't Buy This: Five of the Worst Games Ever 

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2020, 05:11:26 am »
Only the first 3? Why not IV, as well?
I'd imagine because I-III is the Erdrick Trilogy while IV-VI is the Zenthian Trilogy, and they don't want to break them up. Plus, these aren't the originals, but upgraded versions of the ports that came out in 2014.

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2020, 12:58:18 pm »
Bought a sealed copy of Conquest of the World for Odyssey2

His mom bought it for him from Sears for Christmas a long time ago and she forgot about it.

sworddude

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 02:59:33 pm »

Got a copy of the Dragon Quest I-III trilogy for the switch. It's a bit odd that they never made a physical release for the US, but released it physically in English in China and Korea.

Only the first 3? Why not IV, as well? Just seems odd since they were all NES/Famicom titles. (And it's the best one out of the NES entries, at least in my opinion.)

IV is pretty good but nothing beats Part V.

That's the best dragonquest game by quite a margin especially compared to IV. ps2 or especially the ds version that is.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:02:12 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 05:40:39 pm »

That's the best dragonquest game by quite a margin especially compared to IV. ps2 or especially the ds version that is.

Weren't they planning on releasing the second trilogy as well?  Or was that just wishful thinking by fans?

I only ever played the very first game on my NES, and never finished it. (Final Fantasy took it's place)  I always wanted to give the series a try...

sworddude

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 07:30:35 pm »

Weren't they planning on releasing the second trilogy as well?  Or was that just wishful thinking by fans?

I only ever played the very first game on my NES, and never finished it. (Final Fantasy took it's place)  I always wanted to give the series a try...

Not to sure but probably considering how many of these classic collections get released, but Only dragon warrior 3 is somewhat decent in the first trilogy especially the snes version you can skip 1 and 2 I'd say, not missing out on much.

The good stuff is 4, 7  and the best stuff in 5 8 and 11.

I would highly recommend one of the above 5

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 07:33:10 pm by sworddude »

sworddude

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2020, 06:36:02 am »

So I've seen some footage of those switch ports And I've got to say the art style is kinda mixed for me.

Shame that they didn't use the snes grapics and ported those versions instead. Mobile ports sure but didnt expect the grapics to look like that considering how DQ V on mobile looks nice like the ds version.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2020, 12:53:11 pm »
Today I bought:

Aqua Aqua Wetrix [PS2]
Speed Racer: The Videogame [Wii]
Sled Storm [PS2]

Which came to a grand total of 5 euros
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

Flashback2012

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2020, 09:57:38 am »
Today I bought:

Aqua Aqua Wetrix [PS2]
Speed Racer: The Videogame [Wii]
Sled Storm [PS2]

Which came to a grand total of 5 euros

Nice gets...though you might want to repost here.... https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11155.0.html