Author Topic: Virus has gotten really bad now and destroyed the fabric of our society  (Read 5359 times)

pzeke

In europe dumping milk in multiple countries is a standard practice. Each farmer has a limit how much milk they can sell per year. if they get over that they They'll flush the the excess down the drain since they would otherwise get fines. There is not enough demand for the excess milk and it would turn bad otherwise.

You can't stop cows from producing milk so overflow usually happens. Could be different in the US but over here dumping milk always happens.

Obviously the amount of milk dumped varies from year per year. It's all about supply and demand market price etc.

I'm sure during a pandemic with less demand more milk is being dumped aka less milk being sold than usual but it's a pretty standard practice during normal times aswell.

Sure, overflow happens, and it's actually one of the examples I gave. Standard practice implies that they're just wasting the product willy-nilly, just cause, especially in the context of the situation. Every article I've read and interview I've watched with people from the dairy industry, and farmers in general, have all expounded on the circumstances that the pandemic have brought them, and that, as I said in my previous post, while dumping milk does happen, it has never been this prodigally, especially considering the pandemic struck during flush season. "Standard practice" is a misnomer and a misconception.

Circling back to what I said, the dairy industry hasn't been in the best place for a while, at least in the US, so the timing and consequences that the pandemic wrought have essentially been like rubbing salt into their already festering wound. It's not just the milk industry, though, agriculture as a whole has also been impacted by the pandemic.

Whether it has full support or not, there are mechanations to achieve it and may end up manifesting in various markets in ways you wouldn't think. One such would be to limit supply to inter-provincial companies. One step towards independence would be to become self-sufficient in some ways and this would include planning on limiting "imports" from other provinces where possible. Perhaps you already do this and I know that Quebec has been wanting to be on their own for decades.

We can dissect all the technicalities and minutia like that, but I won't budge from what I said. Comparatively, Québec's independence referendum is pretty much like Puerto Rico's status referendum, which happen to be an utter waste of time (and money). Just like Puerto Ricans wanting independence or statehood won't see either happen in their lifetime, the same can be said about Québécois' rally for sovereignty. Red tape, that's the name of the game.

It's also worth mentioning that Québec's desire for independence has been on a decline for a while now (as far as I've read). But again, whether a subset wants it or not sadly has little importance because it won't happen, at least not in our lifetime.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Flashback2012

We can dissect all the technicalities and minutia like that, but I won't budge from what I said. Comparatively, Québec's independence referendum is pretty much like Puerto Rico's status referendum, which happen to be an utter waste of time (and money). Just like Puerto Ricans wanting independence or statehood won't see either happen in their lifetime, the same can be said about Québécois' rally for sovereignty. Red tape, that's the name of the game.

It's also worth mentioning that Québec's desire for independence has been on a decline for a while now (as far as I've read). But again, whether a subset wants it or not sadly has little importance because it won't happen, at least not in our lifetime.

Are you saying that Parti Quebecois is slacking in its fight against the imperialist British-born colonial dogs?! Surely not!  :P

(I honestly don't have a dog in that fight whatsoever, I just remember the last time the independence thing came up, PQ were the ones making the most noise and got a lot of coverage)

Puerto Rico is always going to be a quagmire. It SHOULD be a state but there's too many who like the current setup of being "apart but also a part", especially (corrupt) politicians on the island. I mean, they got shafted pretty hard during that hurricane and got little to no help from the dunce who was in office at the time but at least you ain't gotta pay no federal taxes amirite?  :o

pzeke

Are you saying that Parti Quebecois is slacking in its fight against the imperialist British-born colonial dogs?! Surely not!  :P

Definitely not; it's just an observation from someone watching from the outside. A rather one-sided observation, I know, but hey, just trying to be realistic.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!