Author Topic: 2021 in Movies  (Read 1744 times)

2021 in Movies
« on: January 16, 2021, 03:27:42 pm »
After a very weird year in 2020 (That is still ongoing), there was a huge lack of big time movies for people to watch.  A couple made it to streaming, but most movies got delayed to 2021 and even 2022.  At this point, it almost seems like too much with what is likely to get released.  I still won't be going to theaters for a very long time, relying on streaming when I can, but I figured we could still look at movies we are excited for.

Godzilla vs Kong (March) - This finally got confirmed for HBO Max and not only that, but it got an earlier release date.  This is the top for me this year, I'm such a big Godzilla fan, I had a ton of fun with King of the Monsters, and I can't wait for this giant monster slug fest.

Suicide Squad 2 (August) - Being that this is a DCEU film, I wouldn't normally be interested in this, these movies have been mostly awful, especially the first Suicide Squad, but I have a slight bit more hope with James Gunn in charge and a big crazy cast.  Hopefully it turns out to be fun and is another heading to streaming.

Snake Eyes (October) - I'm a huge Snake Eyes fan, always have been since I was a kid, and after the first two GIJOE films weren't very good, I'm hoping they can kinda start things fresh with a Snake Eyes film.

Army of the Dead (2021) - After how badly Zack Snyder handled the DCEU, I really am kinda done with him, though the only movie I ever liked of his, was his first big movie, which was the Dawn of the Dead remake, so him returning to old stomping grounds, maybe there will be something fun here and I enjoy a good zombie film.  This one will be on Netflix.

Marvel Films (2021) - At this point, there are so many Marvel films, it's kinda crazy.  There's Black Widow, which I'm not super excited for, but could be fun at least, which is up first.  Then there is Shang Chi, a character I know nothing about, but could be interesting.  Then there is Eternals, another I know nothing about so I'm curious where that goes.  On the other side of Marvel, there's Venom 2, which I hope will be way better than the first film, it wasn't anything special other than the fun interaction between Venom and Tom Hardy and that I want them to have Spider-Man swing in to connect it to the character proper.  Morbius is after that, a character I only really know from the old cartoon tv show, but could be okay, I'm not sure about that.  And supposedly the third Spider-Man film is hitting at the end of the year, which is gonna have a whole bunch of crazy multiverse shenanigans with Spider-Men and Villains from previous movies showing up and could be real wild.

There's probably a few others I missed that I'm interested in watching, but the Marvel films so far have not been talked about for streaming services, so I'm curious what will happen with them.

Re: 2021 in Movies
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 08:57:30 pm »
Coming 2 America - Big Eddie Murphy fan.

Willy's Wonderland - I just saw the trailer for this yesterday. Pretty much a FNAF movie. I don't really care for the games but I've wanted to see the idea in movie form for a while and seems like Nic Cage beat them to it.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Really enjoyed Venom. Felt like a return to the early 2000's style of movies and not MCU.

Morbius - Kinda in the same vein as Venom.

Space Jam: A New Legacy - I enjoy the first one so I'm interested to see how this one turns out.

Jackass 4 - Fan of the franchise.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 01:19:18 am »
Coming 2 America - Big Eddie Murphy fan.

Willy's Wonderland - I just saw the trailer for this yesterday. Pretty much a FNAF movie. I don't really care for the games but I've wanted to see the idea in movie form for a while and seems like Nic Cage beat them to it.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Really enjoyed Venom. Felt like a return to the early 2000's style of movies and not MCU.

Morbius - Kinda in the same vein as Venom.

Space Jam: A New Legacy - I enjoy the first one so I'm interested to see how this one turns out.

Jackass 4 - Fan of the franchise.

Oh right, I forgot that Jackass 4 is happening, I use to be a big fan too.  Jackass 3 was actually the very first 3D movie in theater I ever saw and I loved it lol Gonna be weird not having Ryan Dunn with the gang, but I'm sure it'll still be pretty crazy.

shatterstar69

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 06:38:35 am »

Marvel Films (2021) - At this point, there are so many Marvel films, it's kinda crazy.  There's Black Widow, which I'm not super excited for, but could be fun at least, which is up first.  Then there is Shang Chi, a character I know nothing about, but could be interesting.  Then there is Eternals, another I know nothing about so I'm curious where that goes.  On the other side of Marvel, there's Venom 2, which I hope will be way better than the first film, it wasn't anything special other than the fun interaction between Venom and Tom Hardy and that I want them to have Spider-Man swing in to connect it to the character proper.  Morbius is after that, a character I only really know from the old cartoon tv show, but could be okay, I'm not sure about that.  And supposedly the third Spider-Man film is hitting at the end of the year, which is gonna have a whole bunch of crazy multiverse shenanigans with Spider-Men and Villains from previous movies showing up and could be real wild.

There's probably a few others I missed that I'm interested in watching, but the Marvel films so far have not been talked about for streaming services, so I'm curious what will happen with them.

The third Spider-Man film you mentioned is actually Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness where various Spider-men will make an appearance.
Time to make the donuts!

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 11:35:43 am »

The third Spider-Man film you mentioned is actually Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness where various Spider-men will make an appearance.

That's pure speculation.  Spider-Man makes more sense, based on the timing of all the announcements, the fact Spider-Man is currently filming and Strange doesn't start for months at the earliest.  Heck, just this week there were rumors - again - that Charlie Cox (Daredevil) was on set.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 02:26:42 pm »

They've said it's connected to the upcoming Dr. Strange movie, which will explain the different Spider-Men and returning villains showing up, and Strange will likely end up playing a part in it because of that, but it's definitely the third Spider-Man movie.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 04:13:21 pm »
Godzilla vs. Kong was really good, glad the right monster won.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2021, 04:22:36 pm »
Godzilla vs. Kong was really good, glad the right monster won.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2021, 08:07:45 pm »
Unfortunately missed 2 that I wanted to see in theaters  those being Nobody and Wrath of Man, But I'm going to try and go see The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard this weekend. Sadly my perfered theater chain seems to have been shut down their location near me for good as it's not even listed on their website anymore.