Author Topic: Your Opinion Of (Tony Hawk Pro Skater) And Other Skateboard Video Games  (Read 956 times)

I have been recently playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 for the PlayStation 1, and I find it to be a good game, it's fun because the tricks are easy 2 button combos and it's pretty much a pick up and play video game. (the kind of game I prefer.) games that are not too complicat3ed and I don't need a strategy guide to progress. I've already unlocked 1 skate park by completing this thing called "Tape Challenges" in which is certain challenges to you need to do to unlock more hidden content in the game

skate boarding is not as popular today as it was in the 1990's and 2000's. My little cousin close to 20 years old now. was probably the last known real life skateboarder I know as recent as
the year 2012.

The only other skate boarding game I can think of beside the Tony Hawk Pro Skater Series is an unrelated game called "Skate or Die" does anyone else know a skate boarding series video game similar to the tony hawk series or is that the only one if it's kind
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Your Opinion Of (Tony Hawk Pro Skater) And Other Skateboard Video Games
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 11:44:50 pm »
I loved THPS 1-3, but after that it just didn't do anything for me. I bought the remake of 1 and 2 when it came out, but still have yet to try it out. I used to play the original 3 games so much around the time they came out and they really inspired my friends and I to try out skateboarding. That lasted a whole few months before I got tired of falling on my ass all the time and was scared to death of skateparks in the early 2000s lol.

Other than that I really liked Top Skater in the arcades, but my experience with skateboarding games kinda ends there.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 12:26:54 am »
I think Tony Hawk is considered a "sports game", which would make it my favorite sports series of all time.  I played it from the start and I played it all the way till what is considered the "end" of the series with Proving Grounds.  I was quite bummed that it ended and that all the attempts afterwards to do something new or to revive it failed. 

Thankfully we got the awesome remaster, which is an absolute treat, though Activision killed off any hope for more remasters or a series revival by basically dooming Vicarious Visions to Blizzard hell...Maybe we'll see more, but VV nailed it and I just don't want to see Activision grab some random company to try and continue on and make another bad Tony Hawk game like they did before.

Tony Hawk also got me and my friends into skateboarding.  I was never very good, also sorta scared to give it my all, but I could ride around, do a few tricks, and I learned to ride the ramps at our tiny ass skatepark.  I kinda want to get back into boarding eventually, even just to ride around, I just gotta get back into shape for it, heh.

None of the other Skate games were ever good to me.  Like I know people adore "Skate" from EA, but I hated the control scheme and it wasn't as fun and crazy as Tony Hawk.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 08:47:35 am »
Yeah, a lot of people like the EA Skate series (Skate, Skate 2, Skate 3) I think they are great even if I'm not that good.

In fact, Skate 3 is nearly 11 years old and is STILL in the top 30 for Xbox gameplay times (It's the only 360 title consistently on the charts) This is how much the game is still played by users on Xbox live- time played offline doesn't count...and I'm sure there is still plenty of that.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 10:19:08 am »
Yeah, a lot of people like the EA Skate series (Skate, Skate 2, Skate 3) I think they are great even if I'm not that good.

In fact, Skate 3 is nearly 11 years old and is STILL in the top 30 for Xbox gameplay times (It's the only 360 title consistently on the charts) This is how much the game is still played by users on Xbox live- time played offline doesn't count...and I'm sure there is still plenty of that.

I totally forgot about the Skate series! Especially since Skate 2 was my first PS3 game lol. I remembered it being way more technical and challenging than the THPS games which I really liked. It's crazy that I just completely forgot about that one.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 11:50:05 am »
Very fun games.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 09:13:42 pm »
I like them too much, specially the old Tony Hawk's games, specifically the 1 and 2 for Dreamcast. But there are many others on PS1, it's sad today they practically disappeared from shelves.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 11:36:58 am »
I like them too much, specially the old Tony Hawk's games, specifically the 1 and 2 for Dreamcast. But there are many others on PS1, it's sad today they practically disappeared from shelves.

Best version, graphically. But that controller. I always preferred the PS1 version for that reason. But now I have the Retro Fighters Dreamcast controller, no longer an issue for me.