Author Topic: Best Metroidvania games ?  (Read 4904 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Best Metroidvania games ?
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2021, 09:16:03 pm »
Spider-Man Web of shadows on the DS is pretty great. Its also kind of a beat-em-up.

I didn't realize the handheld version was a Metroidvania! Very interested in this, now.

covfefe2020

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2021, 09:35:08 pm »
It is worth checking out, it has some pretty interesting mechanics, especially the minigame you have to play when you lose all of your health.

Edit: While I´m here. I wanted to discuss a question I´ve had for a bit now. Do the Batman: Arkham games fall into this subgenre? From my limited experience with the category, I´ve basically defined it as an action game that takes place in one large segmented map, with the setting being heavily involved in the story (shifting and changing as the plot progresses) and acquiring upgrades and powerups that change how you interact with the world around you. Arkham asylum fits all of these characteristics, but I don't know if by definition a Metroidvania can be 3D

Edit 2: I´m going to try getting Harmony of Dissonance, graphics never affected me much so as long as the gameplay is fun ill enjoy it. (with a repro cart of course)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 09:58:23 pm by covfefe2020 »
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2021, 11:23:17 pm »
It is worth checking out, it has some pretty interesting mechanics, especially the minigame you have to play when you lose all of your health.

Edit: While I´m here. I wanted to discuss a question I´ve had for a bit now. Do the Batman: Arkham games fall into this subgenre? From my limited experience with the category, I´ve basically defined it as an action game that takes place in one large segmented map, with the setting being heavily involved in the story (shifting and changing as the plot progresses) and acquiring upgrades and powerups that change how you interact with the world around you. Arkham asylum fits all of these characteristics, but I don't know if by definition a Metroidvania can be 3D

Edit 2: I´m going to try getting Harmony of Dissonance, graphics never affected me much so as long as the gameplay is fun ill enjoy it. (with a repro cart of course)

I say yeah, 3D can be Metroidvania. I mean, there's Metroid: Prime.

covfefe2020

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2021, 11:52:16 pm »
Thank you.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020