Author Topic: Mortal Kombat 11 - Needing Fighter Fans Thoughts  (Read 624 times)

telekill

Mortal Kombat 11 - Needing Fighter Fans Thoughts
« on: March 02, 2021, 09:06:23 am »
Hey all,

I've found with the PS5 that all the games I've been interested in are either being given to me on PSN as part of Plus or have been delayed to later in the year. I have yet to have bought a physical game for my PS5 since launch when I bought AC Valhalla. I'm wanting to add to my PS5 collection and out of everything currently available, MK11 Ultimate had my attention. I've enjoyed the series, for the most part, since it started in the Arcade and on Genesis/SNES.

I was holding off for two reasons. 1. I only wanted to buy one of each fighter per gen and now with MK11 on PS5, it falls within that realm. 2. I wanted most if not all DLC fighters on the disc. It looks like with Ultimate that it's reached that point.

So here's the questions.... how does MK11 hold up to previous iterations and as a game in general? As a casual player for fighting games, would be pretty easy to pick up (I'm not planning on playing online).

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 - Needing Fighter Fans Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 02:27:23 pm »
One thing I will say about MK11u on PS5 is that it doesn't have the DLC on disc! Sadly it's on codes - Not sure if that's the same for the USA but it is here in the UK.

Apparently the PS4 version DOES have all the DLC on disc, but I'm not sure on the situation regarding if it has a PS5 Upgrade or if that Upgrade includes all the DLC... Gosh its a headache.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 05:39:06 pm »
I'm a very casual fighting game player, so I can't compare it to the previous games outright, like I know it plays generally different than MKX did, but from what I understand, MK is one of those fighting games that kinda overhauls itself with every release, though the core aspect of the game is still very MK.

I didn't keep up with the game after it's initial release too far beyond one of the DLC releases, but it has a pretty great story mode, like there's no other fighting game that does its story as good as Mortal Kombat, especially this one, it's really great for that, it looks amazing, and the gameplay is good.  There is The Krypt which is changed from previous games to be kind of a mess to unlock accessory and skin stuff, but you can unlock stuff through the towers also that change every so often.  It's a good game though and I heard it has good online too.

Can't say anything about the DLC if it's on disc or not with Ultimate, but that kind of stuff doesn't matter to me too much anymore.

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 06:16:50 pm »
I bought MK 11 day one. Love it (like all MK games). Just picked up the PS4 version of MK11 Ultimate with all the DLC on disk. Love it still!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 05:27:37 pm »
Not a modern video game suggestion  but these 2 Mortal Kombat games had the most fighters as far as I know :-\

"Mortal Kombat Trilogy
PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Microsoft Windows, Game.com, R-Zone, Sega Saturn, DOS

AND

"Mortal Kombat Armageddon"
 Wii, PlayStation 2, Xbox

are the two Mortal Kombat games with the most fighters, but I read that MK Armageddon has not Original Xbox Release in Europe. Also noting the even Mortal Kombat Complete Edition has less fighters then those 2 as well
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"