Author Topic: "Mario Maniaq": have you ever heard of this game?  (Read 882 times)

"Mario Maniaq": have you ever heard of this game?
« on: March 05, 2021, 11:26:40 pm »
Hello everyone,

While looking through my attic, I stumbled upon a curious game called "Mario Maniaq" edited by Cybergold (for Windows 95-98 and Pentium 75) (I can show you a picture, but I don't know how to attach it to this text).  I remember I tried playing it but never managed to run it on my computer.
Looks very intriguing, it seems like it has Mario-style gameplay despite the front cover depicting an adventurer wielding a lit torch (which is all the more interesting).

Have you ever seen or heard of this game?

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 11:28:57 pm by supertombraider »

Re: "Mario Maniaq": have you ever heard of this game?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 02:37:06 am »
It's not common, just like a lot of old PC games, it's no surprise you can't  get it to work on a modern machine. Most 1990's simply don't work without a 3rd party program to run on a modern machine. I cannot find much or anything about this game. called Mario Mania. only found a book with that title.

is this called "Super Mario Mania"? or just Mario Mania? the letter q kind of throws me off.

unfortunately I don't know if you will find someone who would buy that, since a lot of PC games to my knowledge are vary hard to get up and running on a new PC. Did you try playing this on an old PC with Windows 98/95 or ME?
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 10:33:46 am »
[...] (I can show you a picture, but I don't know how to attach it to this text). [...]

There are plenty of image hosting websites that are free, some of which you don't even need an account to use, like imgur, for example.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 01:12:40 pm »
[...] (I can show you a picture, but I don't know how to attach it to this text). [...]

There are plenty of image hosting websites that are free, some of which you don't even need an account to use, like imgur, for example.

It is a videogame database, so you can add it here on vgc, and put the link in your post.

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 01:41:47 pm »
I've not heard of Mario Maniaq before, but I did find information about it.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 02:05:56 pm »
Cool!  Thanks for the reference!  I'll go and take a look...