Author Topic: Resident Evil  (Read 1661 times)

Re: Resident Evil
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 10:16:46 pm »
Played the short demo that is available now for RE8 on PS5 and it was nice, I thought spending a half hour might be too much, but before I knew it, it was over and I didn't really explore a whole ton of the village section or do a lot.  Games looks gorgeous on PS5 of course, the detail this game has is insane.  It's mostly the same thing as RE7, just with a little more involvement to the inventory and they added some new gameplay elements, such as bags of flour left around that stun enemies for a short bit of time, barricades for defending a location, and the enemies are gonna be a good challenge.  I didn't get too much story stuff, I stopped playing before they introduced more story as I didn't want to spoil that for myself. 

I tried turning off ray tracing to see if that changed anything, because that usually drops performance, but I didn't see a notable difference between them either way.

I'll probably check out the castle section demo next week and then skip the longer demo available for all systems later on as I'll have had my fill.

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 05:52:58 am »
If anyone is interested, I came across two randomizers for Resident Evil 1 Remake and Resident Evil 2 Remake.  I watched someone do the RE1 randomizer and that seemed different, but since I'm not as big on playing that one again, I did the beta version of an RE2 Remake randomizer that has been interesting so far.  The creator did say it could have bugs, but I haven't seen anything yet.  I'm up into the sewers and it's been weird getting stuff early, or basically just getting lots and lots of herbs lol I'm frequently running out of ammo because it's not being doled out to me properly lol If you've played the games a lot, I think it'll benefit you the most and it's meant to shake up something you've replayed a lot and I've done RE2 a couple times with Leon and Claire, so I basically got everything I needed to progress to the garage before Mr. X showed up, so after his initial appearance, I went up and did the gears, and then went straight into the underground/garage section, never seeing him again until the cells lol

http://benn-gaming.co.uk/index.html

If you get an issue with chrome saying the download is unsafe, you just need to turn off your safe browsing for a moment under security, let it download, and then turn it back on to standard.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:46:49 am by kamikazekeeg »

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 09:20:59 am »

Then RE5 happened. I’m not sure I can put into words how much I hated it. I played it once for maybe 20 minutes and never played it again. It was a co-op action shooter with the RE name slapped on it
Oh boy, here I go...

...INHALES

RE4 was the same, but without the co-op...

EXHALES...

That doesn't mean I dislike RE4. On the contrary, I love that game.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 10:55:05 am »

Then RE5 happened. I’m not sure I can put into words how much I hated it. I played it once for maybe 20 minutes and never played it again. It was a co-op action shooter with the RE name slapped on it
Oh boy, here I go...

...INHALES

EXHALES...

The forced co-op is a huge part of the problem, though.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 08:12:58 pm »

Exactly, I still have a soft spot for it, but that forced co-op really killed things for a ton of people no matter how close to RE4 it feels.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:14:50 pm by kamikazekeeg »

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2021, 10:55:04 pm »

Oh boy, here I go...

...INHALES

EXHALES...

Precisely.
Plus, I just feel like the whole vibe of the game is completely different than any other main series RE game up to that point. RE4 changed up the formula, but there was still that feeling of being isolated in spooky environments. RE5 felt like a straight-up high-adrenaline action game, which is not what RE is to me. If some people liked it, that’s great, it’s just not what I wanted from an RE game. Maybe I would have liked it more if it didn’t have the RE name attached to it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2021, 11:19:30 pm »
Huge Resident Evil fan. Moreso of the older games, though. I'm also a big horror movie fan, and zombie movies are my favorite sub-genre of horror. So those games spoke to me. The tank controls took a little to get used to at first, admittedly. But I got used to them fairly quickly and then it became 2nd nature. So that was never a big hurdle for me. The atmosphere of those games were perfect, too. The music, the background noises, the creepy notes. It was all great.

While I'm not as big of the the post-RE4 games as I am the older ones, I still follow the series. Waiting patiently for next week...