Author Topic: PS3, PSP & Vita Store Closing Down - I hope I've Read This Wrong?!  (Read 7532 times)

Re: PS3, PSP & Vita Store Closing Down - I hope I've Read This Wrong?!
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2021, 07:18:56 pm »
How do you expect digital to not take up hard drive space when its freaking data and just like any data on a computer, it takes up hard drive space.

yes but (most of) the games I play are not even equal to 1gb a piece

also with the PS3 you can not just swap out hard drives I tried that, and I needed to reformat my entire hard drive, and  re-install the PS3 operating system. You can not just take a hard dirve off a failed PS3 and put it into another without first having a copy of that  base  PS3 operating system.

Which is exactly how it works for a PC as well.

yes but at least i can backup my digital library and what I play, that is until the OS changes though :-\
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:25:08 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2021, 08:30:10 pm »
How do you expect digital to not take up hard drive space when its freaking data and just like any data on a computer, it takes up hard drive space.

The very same games aren't that much smaller or bigger on different platforms.

If anything I'd say the format on pc might take up the most storage since it has the best specs.

Why not play more indi esk games on console while you play modern warfare/ call of duty on pc. AT less than 1GB per game it seems to me that your either playing something retro or indi on pc. while you play the more storage heavy brand new stuff on consoles.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:31:55 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2021, 08:58:41 pm »

If anything I'd say the format on pc might take up the most storage since it has the best specs.

Why not play more indi esk games on console while you play modern warfare/ call of duty on pc. AT less than 1GB per game it seems to me that your either playing something retro or indi on pc. while you play the more storage heavy brand new stuff on consoles.

NOT RELATED BUT:
 ::) of course

but I also play retro games on consoles as well ::)

and I install them to the Xbox360 harddrive as well. most games installed to a Xbox360 are only 10 GB a piece maximum. and I can fit a every game I own so far on it.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2021, 09:15:22 pm »

NOT RELATED BUT:

and I install them to the Xbox360 harddrive as well. most games installed to a Xbox360 are only 10 GB a piece maximum. and I can fit a every game I own so far on it.

but xbox 360 is one generation older. it's only natural that the games use a hell lot less data. if newer generations used the same amount of data as xbox 360 they would probably look like xbox 360 games in wich it's kinda pointless to get the newer console.

Retro games on ps4 would also use allot less data or downloads of last gen consoles. modern stuff will however use more data.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:18:20 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2021, 09:26:29 pm »

NOT RELATED BUT:

but xbox 360 is one generation older. it's only natural that the games use a hell lot less data. if newer generations used the same amount of data as xbox 360 they would probably look like xbox 360 games in wich it's kinda pointless to get the newer console.

Retro games on ps4 would also use allot less data or downloads of last gen consoles. modern stuff will however use more data.

Why though? Xbox 360 doesnt require you to download the game unto the hard drive but unless you want to use your disc less then it makes sense since all you need it for if installed is to be in the console for authentication. That said game sizes getting bigger in space isnt a new concept. It's been happening for years. Note: This post was not directed at you sword but rather I used this to piggy back and follow up.

pzeke

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2021, 10:37:19 am »
Vita and PS3 no longer closing down.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/

Jim Ryan is a true pro angler 'cause that move was a definite hook, line, and sinker. That's corporate hustle[greed] at its best right there.

Nonetheless, this was nothing short of a true fiasco.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!