Author Topic: If any of you guys don't mind me asking this ahead of time  (Read 956 times)

In your opinions do you guys think I should get/buy & added to my collection any of basketball games for pc?

Don't worry I don't mind to get/buy & added to my collection any hidden gems of any of sports games for different systems including for pc & if I choose to even though I'm not a sports fan & I'm not a massive sports fan like some of you guys. & yes I will admit it that I'm a fan of basketball & I'm a fan of volleyball even though I'm not a sports fan & I'm not a massive sports fan like some of you guys & 2 of my favorite sports both I like to play & to watch are basketball & volleyball even though I'm not a sports fan & I'm not a massive sports fan like some of you guys sorry.

& I apologize if this is a stupid questions about sports games for different systems including for pc I'm just asking ahead of time if basketball games for pc are worth get/buying as a fellow basketball fan myself or not thanks. & thanks again for sharing your opinions & from your experiences of playing basketball games for pc :).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:42:26 am by eaglelord9814 »

telekill

Re: If any of you guys don't mind me asking this ahead of time
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 09:15:05 am »
I'm not one for sports games in general let alone basketball but I remember really having a blast with the NBA Jam games on Genesis and Game Gear back in the day as well as NBA In the Zone on PS1. That's about it for my basketball experience in gaming.

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:36:47 am »
NBA Jam was, and still is the shit! That's pretty much the only sports game I've ever played and thoroughly enjoyed; I used to hog the arcade back in the day.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 10:03:06 am »
I wish I could say. I always hated the controls in basketball games, and wrote them off when I was a kid. The only thing relevant that I can think of is that the EA Sports PC games tend to have a modding community. I was previously in it for NHL 06. But current and old mods are available for a range of those releases, in case you wanted an older version with modern (or newer than launch) rosters, even updated teams/graphics and the like. For example there are mods for NBA Live 95.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 01:15:02 pm »
In your opinions do you guys think I should get/buy & added to my collection any of basketball games for pc?

Don't worry I don't mind to get/buy & added to my collection any hidden gems of any of sports games for different systems including for pc & if I choose to even though I'm not a sports fan & I'm not a massive sports fan like some of you guys. & yes I will admit it that I'm a fan of basketball & I'm a fan of volleyball even though I'm not a sports fan & I'm not a massive sports fan like some of you guys & 2 of my favorite sports both I like to play & to watch are basketball & volleyball even though I'm not a sports fan & I'm not a massive sports fan like some of you guys sorry.

& I apologize if this is a stupid questions about sports games for different systems including for pc I'm just asking ahead of time if basketball games for pc are worth get/buying as a fellow basketball fan myself or not thanks. & thanks again for sharing your opinions & from your experiences of playing basketball games for pc :).

I played a lot of different basketball games in my lifetime, but I would not recommend getting any PC basketball game especially the older PC games you can often find in places like Goodwill or flea market's (etc). Because it may not work properly or even install on a Windows 7/8/9 Vista OR Windows 10 Operating system like, at all.

However? I'd buy a retro tv console for all of them instead, I currently love all sports games expect for American football.

Basketball is better played with a controller and not a keyboard in my own opinion, but they are fun. The goal of all basketball games, is to block the other teams shot when on defense by jumping in font of them when defending your rim. and also try to make a basket when you are on offence. sounds vary easy but it's not.

First off I HIGHLY recommend going into any Basketball game "Shot Aim Options menu" and turn off Manual shot aim. because if you don't. It is extremely difficult to make a basket when on offence. and (in my own experience) playing lots of these game. I found the ball constantly bounces off the rim or goes into the crowd. therefore giving the ball away to my enemies. And when I first started out. playing those games and didn't know this. then I got my butt kicked by the other team in the process.

PC sports game are cheap, and console sports games are usually the same exact price. but PC ones often don't run. and are ok but not that fun in my opinion to be played with a keyboard, because I found myself pressing buttons that would take me back to my desktop photo, and then I needed to click back into my game. but if you got any kind of gamepad whether or not it's on PC or video game console it's a lot better and more fun in my opinion. :-\
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:25:04 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:36:13 am »
Whether you add a basketball game to your collection for PC is entirely up to you. While I'm not as much a sports game enthusiast, I can say that I've had fun with mostly:

Hockey games - Some of my favorites include: Monster League Hockey, NHL '96, NHL Faceoff '97, NHL 98, NHL 2002, NHL '07, & NHL '13.

Baseball games - Some of my favorites included: Base Wars, RBI '93, RBI '94, Triple Play '98, & Triple Play 2001 (PS1)

Basket Ball games - Some of my favorites included: Arch Rivals, NBA Jam TE, & NBA Shootout '97

Football games - Some of those included: Tecmo Bowl & Madden NFL 2004

The only Golf game I could get into was: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005. As much as I hated watching golf on TV, one thing I loved about playing this game was that it was easy to pick up & play. You could also create a golfer, customize (to some degree) golf swing animations, & I even found the commentary enjoyable. When the commentator was sure that your ball was going to land on the green & it ends up going into the rough, the color commentator would call him out on the bad call.

But my favorite of sport games (if you consider it sports) of all are ---> Wrestling games

I have a long list of favorites but here's a sampling:

WWF Superstars
WWF Wrestlefest
Wrestle War
Pro Wrestling (NES)
Tecmo World Wrestling
WWF Royal Rumble
WWF Raw
WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role
WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth
WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006