Author Topic: What announcments would make you say "this was a great E3"  (Read 1445 times)

telekill

Re: What announcments would make you say "this was a great E3"
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 08:30:44 am »
Any one of the following would make me feel that E3 was great...

- Uncharted Continuation - It doesn't have to star Drake but that would be best so long as they don't mess up the ending of the 4th. It could be a prequel to one of the previous games. It could be that someone kidnapped his daughter to force him to help them find something. They could also use one of the other characters; continue with the Lost Legacy crew if they wanted.

- Ninja Turtles - A dark and gritty game similar to the original comics. More realistic graphics. Keep the guys looking similar to their 1990 movie or comic iterations. Have violence, bad guy dismemberment; have them actually use their weapons. Different perceptions and more story revealed depending on which turtle you play as.

- Dino Crisis reboot/remake - Use the RE engine like RE2 and 3 remake were done in. Keep third person. Keep the RE2/3 remake controls and camera. Mix the first two games into one to extend the game into a great story while ignoring that the third exists. Allow online co-op via Regina and Dylan.

- Shenmue 4 - Keep it on PS4 and PC. Let Suzuki finish up his story using the same engine as the third game. Don't waste time bringing this to next gen systems with enhanced graphics... just push through and finish the story the way he was hoping so we get an ending. Seriously. Just finish it. The only thing I would critique is get rid of the stamina gauge from the third, but keep everything else the same. It felt like the Dreamcast games which was fantastic.

- Comix Zone remake/sequel - Would have to be in the same vein as Streets of Rage 4. May as well just have the same developer do it. I think this would be fantastic.

Already announced games I'd like more info on:
 - New Mass Effect
 - Ninja Turtles Shredder's Return
 - Tomb Raider continuation
 - Instinction
 - Indiana Jones (confirm if it has a chance in hell coming to PS5 - doubting atm)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 11:00:00 am by telekill »

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2021, 06:18:24 pm »
- Ninja Turtles - A dark and gritty game similar to the original comics. More realistic graphics. Keep the guys looking similar to their 1990 movie or comic iterations. Have violence, bad guy dismemberment; have them actually use their weapons. Different perceptions and more story revealed depending on which turtle you play as.

I wanted to see this happen as a show, since adult shows and revivals are a common thing now, so have Nick do their usual new TMNT show, and then get like the Castlevania studio or the Legend of Korra studio to do a more adult show on Netflix that is more dark and violent.  I don't need full R-rated, but I think it would be pretty awesome to get something a tad more serious for TMNT in this way.

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2021, 09:48:48 am »
Eastman has gone on record saying that a more adult-oriented show should be the next step for the turtles, somewhat akin to the Netflix Daredevil series, especially seeing as the TMNT was originally intended for an older audience. We've gotten quite a slew of shows oriented mainly to a younger audience, and although the 2003 series borrowed beats from the original comics and could therefore be considered adult-oriented, it was still a kid-friendly show, so I'm positive we'll eventually get one based primarily around the original incarnation of the turtles...or some facsimile at the very least. Whether animated or live-action, I would definitely love to see that happen.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!