Author Topic: E3 2021  (Read 6576 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 2021
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2021, 06:21:12 pm »
I didn’t have time to watch them all, but I did for a few.

Nintendo fucking slayed it. Metroid Dread alone was worth it, but add the Zelda Game & Watch, SMT V (finally!) and the ports of Fatal Frame, Mushihimesama, Espgaluda 2, and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, and my mind was simply blown.

Limited Run Games always have sketchy videos, but decent game reveals. This year they had neither. That wasn’t “funny”, it was sheer stupid. Also, the games they announced, outside of those which frankly should go retail, were awful. What a pile of garbage.

I must have missed those SHMUP announcements! I've played them all many times before, but to know they're still getting new ports is encouraging. I really hope Cave actually makes a new SHMUP soon, it's been nearly a decade since their last.
The Cave shooters were announced in the Japanese-only direct, but Mushihimesama is on the NA eShop, and the other two are coming as well.

There was also a new Darius game announced.
timestamp? I don't remember that at all

I don't know. I watched a lot of stuff during E3. It was somewhere. Darius Cozmic Revelation

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2021, 08:20:56 pm »
I didn’t have time to watch them all, but I did for a few.

Nintendo fucking slayed it. Metroid Dread alone was worth it, but add the Zelda Game & Watch, SMT V (finally!) and the ports of Fatal Frame, Mushihimesama, Espgaluda 2, and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, and my mind was simply blown.

Limited Run Games always have sketchy videos, but decent game reveals. This year they had neither. That wasn’t “funny”, it was sheer stupid. Also, the games they announced, outside of those which frankly should go retail, were awful. What a pile of garbage.

I must have missed those SHMUP announcements! I've played them all many times before, but to know they're still getting new ports is encouraging. I really hope Cave actually makes a new SHMUP soon, it's been nearly a decade since their last.
The Cave shooters were announced in the Japanese-only direct, but Mushihimesama is on the NA eShop, and the other two are coming as well.

There was also a new Darius game announced.
timestamp? I don't remember that at all

I don't know. I watched a lot of stuff during E3. It was somewhere. Darius Cozmic Revelation
That’s not a new game, nor is it a new announcement. It’s a compilation of G Darius and Dariusburst, and they’ve already been available (at least individually) long before E3.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:23:08 pm by bunnybear »
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

pzeke

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2021, 08:16:17 pm »
Nintendo won, no doubt, but after watching the trailer for Metroid Dread that's literally all I care for. It took nearly two decades, but we finally got a proper sequel to the series, getting a game that almost never was. I'm ecstatic that they didn't abandon the original premise that they had envisioned all those years ago - this is a definite day one purchase for me.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!