Author Topic: Netflix Resident Evil Live-Action Series  (Read 1549 times)

telekill

Netflix Resident Evil Live-Action Series
« on: June 11, 2021, 01:38:03 pm »
Link first:
https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2021/2021/06/11/live-action-resident-evil-movie-reboot-cast-revealed-including-lance-reddick-as

So Netflix has announced the main cast of their live-action RE show as Lance Reddick (great actor), Ella Balinska, Tamara Smart, Siena Agudong, Adeline Rudolph and Paola Nunez.

It's stated that main characters Chris and Claire Redfield as well as Leon Kennedy and Jill Valentine will be in the show. Then Wesker will be played by Lance Reddick.... which makes ZERO sense as he doesn't look ANYTHING like Wesker. Then they show the main cast, but no one that could play Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy as the rest shown are all female; unless that's what Netflix is going for now.

Now, before my opinion is seen as ugly given today's heavy political pile of crap that we're always under.... I'm one who enjoys keeping as close to original everything as possible. Take the newer 2018 Ninja Turtles cartoon as an example. They had Raph being the leader of the Turtles when it should be and always has been Leo. I was actually pissed over that.

I think had Netflix decided to make a Resident Evil spin off story and not cast any of these people in well known character slots that I'd be far more excited than I am at this point. Again, I think Lance is a great actor, but as Wesker? Not a great match.

What are your thoughts?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Netflix Resident Evil Live-Action Series
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 02:50:53 pm »
I thought it was cgi.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 03:08:53 pm »
Oh, you didn’t hear that Chris Redfield is now female, and Leon is now Leona Kennedy?

Totally kidding.
Sad thing is, it wouldn’t surprise me nowadays. Gotta be “inclusive”, even though there’s already plenty of female characters in RE. Going to stop there; I just about added another sentence that might have gone too far over the PC line.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 03:21:55 pm »
I thought it was cgi.

There's a CGI show coming as well.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 03:29:48 pm »
I thought it was cgi.

Yep... Netflix is all in on videogame adaptations and I think Resident Evil was two fold for Netflix shows and then a reboot of the movie series for theaters.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 04:05:12 pm »
I thought it was cgi.

Yep... Netflix is all in on videogame adaptations and I think Resident Evil was two fold for Netflix shows and then a reboot of the movie series for theaters.

This is what is baffling me.  2 different shows and a new movie?  That's overkill.

telekill

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 04:32:20 pm »
I thought it was cgi.

This is what is baffling me.  2 different shows and a new movie?  That's overkill.

Fully agree. I expect only the CGI series to be half decent. The others will be (I assume) crap.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 05:03:58 pm »
I thought it was cgi.

Sounds good to me!

The more Resident Evil the better, as far as I'm concerned.

jason

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 07:11:20 pm »
I thought it was cgi.

Sounds good to me!

The more Resident Evil the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed, @burningdoom!

Thanks for the tip, @telekill! :)

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 01:37:00 am »
Link first:
https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2021/2021/06/11/live-action-resident-evil-movie-reboot-cast-revealed-including-lance-reddick-as

So Netflix has announced the main cast of their live-action RE show as Lance Reddick (great actor), Ella Balinska, Tamara Smart, Siena Agudong, Adeline Rudolph and Paola Nunez.

It's stated that main characters Chris and Claire Redfield as well as Leon Kennedy and Jill Valentine will be in the show. Then Wesker will be played by Lance Reddick.... which makes ZERO sense as he doesn't look ANYTHING like Wesker. Then they show the main cast, but no one that could play Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy as the rest shown are all female; unless that's what Netflix is going for now.

Now, before my opinion is seen as ugly given today's heavy political pile of crap that we're always under.... I'm one who enjoys keeping as close to original everything as possible. Take the newer 2018 Ninja Turtles cartoon as an example. They had Raph being the leader of the Turtles when it should be and always has been Leo. I was actually pissed over that.

I think had Netflix decided to make a Resident Evil spin off story and not cast any of these people in well known character slots that I'd be far more excited than I am at this point. Again, I think Lance is a great actor, but as Wesker? Not a great match.

What are your thoughts?

I've learned never to trust casting based on looks.  "Heath Ledger doesn't have the right look for the Joker",  "Hugh Jackman is too tall for Wolverine", "Kristen Ritter is too young to play Jessica Jones", etc.  So I'm taking the same approach with Mr. Reddick playing Wesker as I am with Tom Holland playing Nathan Drake, to wait and see the performance before I judge.  I've often been surprised...

That said, Hollywood has never been very good with videogame adaptations.  I think we're concerned about the wrong thing, here.

telekill

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 07:50:23 am »
with Tom Holland playing Nathan Drake,

Uncharted is my favorite series of all time. I am not happy with Tom Holland playing Drake or Mark Wahlberg playing Sully. I can only hope that they really do a great job pulling it off as it's a prequel that takes place way before any of the games. At least we got a 15 minute short of Nathan Fillion as Drake on Youtube. Sad that I've never been able to download an HD copy of that.

shfan

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 02:45:02 pm »
Its main character will be a guy called Alan, who after two series will be revealed to be a clone produced by the Parasol Institute, a food and drinks manufacturer with a development kitchen in Badger Town.  He'll be joined by Bill Valentine, a wheelchair user with 8 mothers, each of whom is of a different ethnic background, along with Bish Greenfield, a post-operative species-fluid flying space otter who identifies as mildly ticklish.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 11:44:57 pm »
Its main character will be a guy called Alan, who after two series will be revealed to be a clone produced by the Parasol Institute, a food and drinks manufacturer with a development kitchen in Badger Town.  He'll be joined by Bill Valentine, a wheelchair user with 8 mothers, each of whom is of a different ethnic background, along with Bish Greenfield, a post-operative species-fluid flying space otter who identifies as mildly ticklish.

Yup, sounds about right.
Too many male characters, though. The clone is ok, but change Bill to Billie Valentine and you’ll have current TV producers knocking down your door.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 11:47:48 pm by undertakerprime »

shfan

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 05:10:48 am »
You're right, I'll never make it in this industry  :-[