Author Topic: Limited Run E3: 2021  (Read 1614 times)

Limited Run E3: 2021
« on: June 15, 2021, 09:14:53 am »
I'm always excited this time of year, but this year I found one thing that felt like it was put in to E3 just for me: Limited Run is doing a release of Castlevania, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, in English, officially licensed by Konami for the Turbo Duo.

There have been unofficial reproductions in the past, but this is an official Western release, something like 30 years later. With how many of these Rondos you find on Ebay being fake, for someone like me this is the perfect compromise. I will absolutely be picking this up.

The other notable release for folks here might be the Zombies Ate My Neighbors release for Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.   

kashell

Re: Limited Run E3: 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 09:51:42 am »
Turbo Duo only or are will other platforms be available?

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 01:10:31 pm »

The PS4 version with CSotN is getting a disc also, but the original is Turbo only. It's strange, but the disc can be read by Ootake or RetroArch if you don't have a Turbo CD/Duo/PCE CD laying around still.

kashell

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 03:07:02 pm »

The PS4 version with CSotN is getting a disc also, but the original is Turbo only. It's strange, but the disc can be read by Ootake or RetroArch if you don't have a Turbo CD/Duo/PCE CD laying around still.

I never had one laying around in the first place, haha. But, that's good to know that the PS4 version is coupled with Symphony. That's the only reason why I'd buy it, anyway. Rondo of Blood is like extra icing on an already delicious cake.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 05:33:44 pm »
LRG won E3 2021. There wasn't even a close second place. Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Potrol, Dusk physical release, Contra Collection, Castlevania SotN + Rondo, I mean holy shit! I haven't been this happy to throw my money at something in a long time! And their conference was hilarious and what an E3 conference should be.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 06:58:51 pm »
I'm happy that Castlevania: Requiem is getting a physical release. I own the original Japanese version of the original Rondo already but Requiem is the best way to play it
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 07:32:51 pm by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 08:54:55 pm »
LRG won E3 2021. There wasn't even a close second place. Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Potrol, Dusk physical release, Contra Collection, Castlevania SotN + Rondo, I mean holy shit! I haven't been this happy to throw my money at something in a long time! And their conference was hilarious and what an E3 conference should be.

Omg! Dusk!!! I hadn't heard anything about the Switch release in ages and when I saw it and knew it was actually happening, my brain melted. I'm definitely going for the Rondo (Turbo CD), Dusk, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I was kind of upset the Huntdown release was only a special edition, not a standard. Not that into that game, but still would have liked a cart, but oh well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 10:52:59 pm »
Like I said in the main E3 thread: That was a weird presentation. They are definitely fans of the Tim and Eric Awesome Show.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 02:05:24 am »
see, I totally disagree. I felt my brain leaking out of my ears during their craptacular presentation, and aside from the big Konami releases, I wasn’t impressed. Sure, River City Girls w would be nice but there wasn’t any footage. Superhot, ok. Pretty much everything else was zzzzzzzzzzz
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

mrkonasoni

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 02:36:06 am »
I wonder how much they paid for the Plumbers don't wear ties iP but I have the vague memory someone mentioned it were like 20.000$?

I don't like River City Girls, albeit I consider it a good game so I am meh about the sequel, I hope they don't touch too much the SNES game if not it will be just better play the original patched.

Konami products were the best, but I am reading too many people mentioning that they still have on hold pre-ordered stuff from a year ago, so... I think I pass and I will wait the product to actually exist and get it on ebay.

I like Plumbers dont wear ties but not because I consider it good, it's absolutely terrible and feels like a fever-dream most of the time, so I hope they are clear with themselves that most people won't get it if the price is like 20$. (Digital), I am curious if they will keep the nude-code for the shower intro, though.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 09:39:38 am »
I wonder how much they paid for the Plumbers don't wear ties iP but I have the vague memory someone mentioned it were like 20.000$?

I'm pretty sure the owners would take anything because damm that game was bad I'd be suprised there was any interest in that game if i where the actual ip owner I'd definitely take that :o

The game got it's popular so bad that it's cheese meme status thanks to AVGN pretty sure one of the most viewed video's on his channel.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 10:06:05 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Flashback2012

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 11:36:55 am »
If this presentation was the show stealer of E3 then the E3 show overall must have gone WAY downhill because this presentation was pretty terrible. I know this quirk humor is kind of their thing now and this isn't the first show they've done like this but it reeks to me of how full of themselves they are.   ::)

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties should have been the first thing they showed off, not saved for the very last. The Rondo/SoTN + Rondo US TGCD should have absolutely been the endcap for the presentation. Most of the rest of the stuff was decent but largely immemorable IMO. I do know I'm NOT looking forward to competing with the flippers/scalpers over a US Rondo release. That damn thing BETTER be an open pre-order.  >:(

Also, this show made me raise my eyebrow several times when they did show a title and it would say "Available Now" but it meant available in digital format. Being a company that prides itself on physical releases, you'd think they'd downplay the availability of digital a bit. At the very least there should have been a big "COMING SOON" with smaller text underneath saying "Available now on digital store" or something.  :P

I still can't figure out the whole Axiom Verge 2 thing. So if it comes out as a PC release, I'm locked in to the Epic Games Store? If that's the case then I'm skipping that one and holding out hope that it'll possibly get a console release in the future. Sorry, but EGS can kick rocks.  ;)

tpugmire

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 12:13:35 pm »
Regarding Axiom Verge 2, from what gather it will be a timed exclusive for pc through Epic Games. Whether or not, it will be available on pc through other means after the timed exclusive period isn’t clear, but it’s getting both digital and physical releases on Switch, PS4, and PS5.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Flashback2012

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 12:59:21 pm »
Regarding Axiom Verge 2, from what gather it will be a timed exclusive for pc through Epic Games. Whether or not, it will be available on pc through other means after the timed exclusive period isn’t clear, but it’s getting both digital and physical releases on Switch, PS4, and PS5.

Thanks for clearing that up. Must've missed the logos for the other systems in the trailer.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 01:39:19 pm »

Konami products were the best, but I am reading too many people mentioning that they still have on hold pre-ordered stuff from a year ago, so... I think I pass and I will wait the product to actually exist and get it on ebay.

I've not personally experienced this with Limited Run (Strictly Limited is a whole other story), but what I can say is waiting for them to hit Ebay is the WORST idea. They mark them up 300-400%, and you still would only get them when everybody else gets them, so it wouldn't help you get them any faster. If you think you want it you better pre order. If later on you don't want it or something then you can put it up on ebay and bank that extra money. If they're big releases you can hold out and wait for Best Buy to get a few. I've had some luck with that before.

The longest I've ever waited was 8 months, and that was for a partner release (the GRIS 2nd print). The best advice is make each pre order a separate order. If you get a standard release for one game and a special edition of another game in the same order, the standard will come out in 3 months and the special edition will come out in 5-8 months, but you won't get either until the last item on your order becomes available. But it you make them separate orders you'll get them each as they become available.