Author Topic: Rank the shipping services from best to worst? USPS, UPS, DHL, Fedex  (Read 2227 times)

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Re: Rank the shipping services from best to worst? USPS, UPS, DHL, Fedex
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 09:51:49 am »
I am obligated to say UPS is the best…..

…..because my dad worked there for a long time, made a good living there, and provided a comfortable life for my family :)
Though he was not a delivery driver, he worked in finances, so I can’t really comment on the delivery side of it.

This is a sweet nostalgic story. Thank you for sharing! Do you have any memories of ups through your dad? Did he ever bring you to work or maybe bring home merchandise? My dad worked in a bakery for many years. Industrial one and would always being home bread still hot and replicas of the big delivery trucks :)

I definitely have stories about UPS, it was a big part of our lives. We moved to Germany in the late 80’s because UPS was just establishing their footprint in Europe and needed my dad to help out. He would often be gone on long business trips, sometimes for a month at a time. But he would also bring toys or NES games back with him from the US if that’s where he went (I had an NTSC NES so naturally I couldn’t buy games for it in Germany :) ). I’d make a list of games and he’d try to find them. He’d also give me toys of UPS planes and trucks.

Then after 4 years in Germany, we moved back to the US to where UPS corporate HQ was at the time, Connecticut. But 1 year later the HQ moved to Atlanta so we had to move along with it. Through his work we were able to get things like tickets for the Atlanta Braves or the 1996 Olympics (I went to 3 Braves playoff games when they won the World Series in ‘95. Woot!)

So yes, UPS had a pretty large impact on our lives. I’ve also been conditioned to say that Fed Ex is the Devil incarnate ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 09:54:27 am by undertakerprime »

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 11:04:44 am »
UPS>Fedex>USPS>Amazon

gummo

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2021, 12:10:20 pm »
Amazon just uses USPS or UPS in my town . They don't have local drivers yet .

dhaabi

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2021, 05:35:38 pm »
Amazon just uses USPS or UPS in my town . They don't have local drivers yet .

And, in the instances of areas that do have Amazon drivers delivering parcels, it isn't as if the drivers are delivering every Amazon order within their line of travel. Plenty of parcels are still handed off to third-party shipping services. At the same time, any rural areas or areas with poor driving conditions such as mountainous regions have fewer, if any, Amazon drivers.

Flashback2012

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2021, 03:59:52 am »
Through his work we were able to get things like tickets for the Atlanta Braves or the 1996 Olympics (I went to 3 Braves playoff games when they won the World Series in ‘95. Woot!)

So yes, UPS had a pretty large impact on our lives. I’ve also been conditioned to say that Fed Ex is the Devil incarnate ;)

As an Indians (soon to be The Guardians) fan I say BOO! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!  :P  >:(  :o

Don't get me wrong, that Braves team had a load of amazing talent on it with several Hall of Famers (and yes, Fred McGriff absolutely deserves to be in as well) and I don't hate the team itself but I could NOT stand the fans and their incessant tomahawk chop/wailing nonsense that they did.  >:(  I despise the Yankees but I was SO happy to see them smack the Braves around in '96 and '99.  ;D

As for the subject...USPS is the best around here followed by UPS. I don't see much in the way of FedEx or DHL. My old roommate has gotten a few dinged up FedEx packages and my only interaction with DHL was when Strictly Limited put my order on one of their boats instead of sending it airmail like I paid for. That's not on DHL at all but I still wasn't happy about it.  :P

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2021, 09:11:15 am »
Through his work we were able to get things like tickets for the Atlanta Braves or the 1996 Olympics (I went to 3 Braves playoff games when they won the World Series in ‘95. Woot!)

As an Indians (soon to be The Guardians) fan I say BOO! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!  :P  >:(  :o

Don't get me wrong, that Braves team had a load of amazing talent on it with several Hall of Famers (and yes, Fred McGriff absolutely deserves to be in as well) and I don't hate the team itself but I could NOT stand the fans and their incessant tomahawk chop/wailing nonsense that they did.  >:(  I despise the Yankees but I was SO happy to see them smack the Braves around in '96 and '99.  ;D

Hey, believe me, I feel for the Indians (I still can’t believe they aren’t re-naming them a classic name like the Spiders, that would have been much cooler). They deserved to win something in the mid-late 90’s; I mean, any lineup with Jim Thome batting 6th or 7th is DEEP. I see we share a hatred of the Yankees, but I bet we also share hatred of the f***ing Marlins, who didn’t deserve to win shit and beat both the far superior Braves and Indians in ‘97.

And the irony isn’t lost on me that the only time the Braves won the WS during their run of division titles came against a team arguably better than them, when the Braves were constantly losing to inferior teams in the playoffs (‘93 Phillies, ‘96 Yankees, ‘97 Marlins, ‘98 Padres, etc)

And you don’t need to worry about the Tomahawk Chop anymore, the PC police have struck that down the same way they struck down Chief Wahoo and it’s no longer used. But the Chop made it into a Mel Brooks movie, so NYAH NYAH :D