Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 9.23.21 thoughts?  (Read 2336 times)

sworddude

Re: Nintendo Direct 9.23.21 thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 08:03:34 pm »
I feel like they could have done most of the Mario movie without the A-list cast and it would still make as much money.  Seems like a huge expense for no reason.

That's a side factor but they literally have the voice of mario just for just a cameo appearance you can't make this shit up :o

had the biggest Laugh with Toad's actor though 
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 08:33:38 pm »
I feel like they could have done most of the Mario movie without the A-list cast and it would still make as much money.  Seems like a huge expense for no reason.

I'd imagine they're willing to put a little extra money into it considering how the last Mario movie went.

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 02:36:53 am »
Chocobo GP looks charming, really hoping it is not a Switch Exclusive. S-E have been generous on their ports over the last few years so a PS4 version shouldn't be too much to ask for.

I don't care for Catlevania but I can appreciate the release for the GBA collection, hopefully this can lead into other great GBA ports getting remasters like Golden Sun. Doubtful though, as I guess it is more about Konami refreshing their back catalog than anything  else... good on them!

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 03:51:54 am »
Oh god, some talking about the Mario movie made me think of the possibility that this won't be an actual Mario movie, but because of the kinda weird casting in general, this could be some sort of Jumanji-esque type movie, where these people go into the game or world or whatever, and become the characters and that just kills my soul, because of how very possible that is.  That's not even a dig against the new Jumanji movies, those movies are far more entertaining than expected, but I don't want to see a Mario movie like that at all.

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 05:32:24 am »
Oh god, some talking about the Mario movie made me think of the possibility that this won't be an actual Mario movie, but because of the kinda weird casting in general, this could be some sort of Jumanji-esque type movie, where these people go into the game or world or whatever, and become the characters and that just kills my soul, because of how very possible that is.  That's not even a dig against the new Jumanji movies, those movies are far more entertaining than expected, but I don't want to see a Mario movie like that at all.

Imagine a live action movie with this cast  ;D

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 06:11:19 am »

Imagine a live action movie with this cast  ;D

Okay, so then what I brought up isn't the worst, but it still would not be great lol

aliensstudios

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 11:36:51 am »
I don't entirely see why they didn't do something like Super Mario Sunshine. The entire game was voice acted except Mario and I never thought it was that odd. You could have even plugged all those celebrity voices in as side characters. Would it really be all that strange if Charles Martinet fully voiced Mario and Luigi?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

sworddude

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 03:42:40 pm »
I don't entirely see why they didn't do something like Super Mario Sunshine. The entire game was voice acted except Mario and I never thought it was that odd. You could have even plugged all those celebrity voices in as side characters. Would it really be all that strange if Charles Martinet fully voiced Mario and Luigi?

That would have been the better solution ye.

however since nintendo isn't really known on how to make movies they definitely gave illumination more power as far as the direction goes of said movie.

I don't think Nintendo has much of a say in how the movie will turn out, and they are totally fine with that since they aren't that comfortable in making movies it's not their specialty so they'd rather have the experts have more control over it hence why we have this actor list for the cast.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 03:44:43 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2021, 04:59:16 pm »
I don't think Nintendo has much of a say in how the movie will turn out, and they are totally fine with that since they aren't that comfortable in making movies it's not their specialty so they'd rather have the experts have more control over it hence why we have this actor list for the cast.

Nintendo specifically hasn't made any movies based on their franchises for decades because of how little input they had over the OG Super Mario Bros. movie and how freaked out they were when they saw how the production was going.  There is no way that this movie is being made without Nintendo having exactly how much control they want.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2021, 06:42:00 pm »

Nintendo specifically hasn't made any movies based on their franchises for decades because of how little input they had over the OG Super Mario Bros. movie and how freaked out they were when they saw how the production was going.  There is no way that this movie is being made without Nintendo having exactly how much control they want.

100% this.

sworddude

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2021, 07:50:58 pm »

I don't see how charles ain't the voice of Mario than lol

because this cast is the laughing stock of the web atm.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2021, 09:02:27 pm »

Which web? People have been posting all over the place on Facebook, excited about it.

sworddude

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2021, 09:16:13 pm »

Which web? People have been posting all over the place on Facebook, excited about it.

You really haven't seen reddit, discord twitter that people are scratching their head how Chris prat is Mario. Even On Nintendo's twitter account you have tons of people complaining about it.

The movie is a meme for a hell lot of people at this point.

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2021, 07:22:48 am »

Chris Pratt is the lead in multiple billion dollar franchises.  He voiced the lead in both critically lauded LEGO Movies.  He is absolutely a choice that makes sense on paper.

sworddude

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2021, 08:24:55 am »

Chris Pratt is the lead in multiple billion dollar franchises.  He voiced the lead in both critically lauded LEGO Movies.  He is absolutely a choice that makes sense on paper.

I get star power, but they really couldn't have picked anyone else with an italian accent?