Author Topic: I know this isn't particularly thread worthy, but...  (Read 643 times)

kypherion

I know this isn't particularly thread worthy, but...
« on: October 12, 2021, 03:09:27 pm »
...because whoever did will probably see this, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for updating all of the info on the JP Limited Edition Asura's Wrath, I didn't really find much online and it was cool seeing all that info catalogued. So thanks for contributing where I couldn't!

I guess I could still turn this into a slight question. Have you guys had any games in particular that were a pain to enter into the system? (note, I'm not implying the system was faulty, more so the nature of a game.)
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

tripredacus

Re: I know this isn't particularly thread worthy, but...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 10:37:43 am »
It was Dhaabi that updated that entry, which is this one: https://vgcollect.com/item/207286

There are many things that are difficult to add. For me it is usually things that are outside of a large market, or something that is blocked by internet/language barrier. So there are a lot of things in China or South Korea that fall into this, as well as games from places with difficult (for me) languages such as Israel, India or an Arabic speaking country.

dhaabi

Re: I know this isn't particularly thread worthy, but...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:49:01 pm »
Often I find that when a new entry is created for JP categories in particular, I'll go ahead and submit information if there is anything crucial such as item numbers and barcodes missing. Something about a much more complete entry is satisfying, for sure. It makes cleaning up areas I'm interesting easier if handled one-at-a-time as they're created.

For me it is usually things that are outside of a large market, or something that is blocked by internet/language barrier. So there are a lot of things in China

I definitely agree here. Trying to find information for items in China in particular is rather difficult. If there is any information publicly available, it's not easy for those outside of the country to get access to. Or, it is at least for someone like me who isn't that tech-savvy on that front.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:38:59 am by dhaabi »