Author Topic: Trials Rising - Switch EU  (Read 661 times)

nephilim

Trials Rising - Switch EU
« on: January 23, 2022, 09:29:02 am »
Trials Rising - Switch EU doesn't have an image to it... Surely that's not hard to find?

Re: Trials Rising - Switch EU
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 11:17:13 am »
So add one? The community add games and their details including images. Things will be missing. Its easy to say something isn't hard to find but when so many items are listed, its a case of getting around to it.

nephilim

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 11:51:06 am »
Yeah, I'm sorry.
I rushed a bit, not realising you could suggest those things.
My bad, I'm sorry :)

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 11:57:10 am »
VGC's database thrives on user contributions, from original submissions to supplying additional information in the form of entry edits at a later time. If there is an item missing in the database, users have the capability to add it on their own. You can do so by clicking the "Submit New Item" button on the main site's navigation menu or by visiting the Submit New Item page directly.

If you plan on supplying new database entries, it is worth mentioning that our site offers a more truncated style guide that covers the basic rules alongside a more expansive style guide that covers nearly every rule for users to follow when contributing to the database. For entry artwork, it is most ideal to use scanned images, although relying upon other resources such as GameFAQs, MobyGames, and online classifieds such as eBay are beneficial and are certainly an acceptable means to utilize to. However, I will mention that since you're wishing to add European items, be weary of GameFAQs, as their European entries will often be mismatched by combining images of multiple regional releases (such as German front art and French back art.)

Welcome to the site, and if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

nephilim

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 12:02:14 pm »
VGC's database thrives on user contributions, from original submissions to supplying additional information in the form of entry edits at a later time. If there is an item missing in the database, users have the capability to add it on their own. You can do so by clicking the "Submit New Item" button on the main site's navigation menu or by visiting the Submit New Item page directly.

If you plan on supplying new database entries, it is worth mentioning that our site offers a more truncated style guide that covers the basic rules alongside a more expansive style guide that covers nearly every rule for users to follow when contributing to the database. For entry artwork, it is most ideal to use scanned images, although relying upon other resources such as GameFAQs, MobyGames, and online classifieds such as eBay are beneficial and are certainly an acceptable means to utilize to. However, I will mention that since you're wishing to add European items, be weary of GameFAQs, as their European entries will often be mismatched by combining images of multiple regional releases (such as German front art and French back art.)

Welcome to the site, and if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you very much :)

I don't know about new entries, but I have sent in some front covers for a couple of games, and added some regions to certain games that didn't have the EU version or the Network version to them.

dhaabi

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 12:08:10 pm »
I don't know about new entries, but I have sent in some front covers for a couple of games, and added some regions to certain games that didn't have the EU version or the Network version to them.

All of your edit submissions aside from one were rejected. All of your rejected edits were attempting to convert an existing entry's identity into something else. So, for example, if The Last of Us Remastered is missing from the PlayStation Network (PS4) [EU] category, you cannot alter an existing entry for that title that resides in another category and must instead submit a new entry.

As far as rejecting your edit submission for Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee: New 'n' Tasty, the action was done due to poor image quality. Our site has recently begun accepting .webp files, but there is a bug that distorts the image's colors. As a result, if you plan on submitting additional artwork, ensure that you submit a .jpg file.

nephilim

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 12:40:28 pm »

All of your edit submissions aside from one were rejected. All of your rejected edits were attempting to convert an existing entry's identity into something else. So, for example, if The Last of Us Remastered is missing from the PlayStation Network (PS4) [EU] category, you cannot alter an existing entry for that title that resides in another category and must instead submit a new entry.

As far as rejecting your edit submission for Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee: New 'n' Tasty, the action was done due to poor image quality. Our site has recently begun accepting .webp files, but there is a bug that distorts the image's colors. As a result, if you plan on submitting additional artwork, ensure that you submit a .jpg file.

Ah okay...