Author Topic: New listing for alternative Box Art?  (Read 395 times)

New listing for alternative Box Art?
« on: February 11, 2023, 11:39:24 am »
Quick question for the community:
I'm new to the site and don't quite know what the general rules are in terms of when a new item should be submitted.
I have a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Outlands (NES Homebrew Game) but my box and cartridge look way different from the item that is listed on the site.
Should I submit a new item for this (and future items this might happen with)?

Thanks!

dhaabi

Re: New listing for alternative Box Art?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 05:01:39 pm »
Browsing eBay listings, I see at least 5 unique box art covers for the item in question, so submitting an entry for a variant is more than acceptable. In general, if a variation for an already existing entry is to be submitted, the entry name should be formatted as ItemName (descriptor). The descriptor information should identify what makes this item unique compared to the other. Ideally, both entries would then have the descriptor formatting as part of the Name field. I would suggest reading the Item Name post of our site's style guide for more in-depth information, paying close attention to the Descriptors section in particular for an explanation.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them. Welcome to VGC!

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 04:05:06 pm »
Awesome, thanks a lot.
Looking forward to helping out with anything I have.
I really like how easy it is to add items, makes my more obscure things easy to track (Like my German Schmid TVG 2000 collection, which isn't captured in other databases)

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 10:58:24 am »
Best to post a link to the existing db entry, then a picture of what you have. We can offer better recommendations that way.