Author Topic: Nintendo Switch is 5 years old, what are your favorite games for it?  (Read 1181 times)

mrkonasoni

|Start》》|

Switch is 5 years old? Time sure flies, isn't it?
I still remember the first time I saw the console and how much I wanted one but my income couldn't allow myself to get one, after 4 years in the market I could finally get a Switch Lite.

I still play with it too often and it helped a lot to make me feel love again for handheld gaming, most of the time after the job I am way too tired so just lay down in the bed and keep playing is something I am pretty thankful about.

About criticism for the console I don't have nothing else to say that we don't know already, personally I dislike the console don't have basic stuff like manually pause downloads or for example how slow is the eshop to navigate and find games.

There also the Nintendo Switch Online subscription, I don't have problems at all with the normal one but the expansion pack is something that I still feel disappointed, I believe I said this once but the day after Nintendo announced the price, I called a friend that sells videogames and told him to please send me his cheapest Nintendo64 available because it was just a way better idea have the original hardware than paying for the expansion pack.

From there, while with some clear rough edges... I believe Nintendo Switch is mostly a good console.

Some of my favorite games are.
- Super Bomberman R (Online)
- Contra Rouge Corps
- Skelattack
- GetsuFumaDen Undying Moon
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
- Solomon Program
- Súper Power Pro Kun R
- Tokimeki Memorial 4 Girls Side
- Momotaro Densetsu Switch
- Team Sonic Racing
- The Legend of Zelda BOTW
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Yooka Laylee and the impossible Lair.
- Oddworld Abe's Odyssey New n Tasty.
- Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
- MacBat 64
- Toki Remake
- Splasher
- Lode Runner Legacy
- Arcade Archives in general.

And more.
What are yours?

Happy 5th anniversary.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:32:39 am by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

telekill

Re: Nintendo Switch is 5 years old, what are your favorite games for it?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 12:17:39 pm »
I got the family a Switch at launch. Definitely the best Nintendo system since Gamecube. They did almost the impossible given the cliff they were being sent over with the Wii-U. Very impressive turn around.

Favorite games include:
 - Zelda BotW
 - Mario Kart
 - Smash

The best part of the Switch is the memories with my kids. Started with them getting it. I had created a town-wide clue hunt for them. Took them to all their favorite places including McDonalds for lunch... where they had Mario happy meals. Each stop along the way they had a small 2.5" clue box with a clue inside. I made them each look like this:

Sometimes there would be a plush Yoshi holding the clue box. Enough that each kiddo got a plush in their favorite color. Had fun at the park following clues as well. Eventually they led back home where there was a 14" box painted to look like the yellow clue box shown above. They opened it and found the system, controllers and a couple games.

Beyond the gifting of the system, just spending time playing with my kids has been great. They know any games we have on the Switch is something they can play without worrying about ratings.

One of my kids has Animal Crossing as their favorite series of all time. I still don't understand the appeal but she loves it.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 03:19:05 pm »
The Switch hasn't had a great selection of games for me personally, but I'd probably say overall my favorites are...

-Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Basically games that were out within the first year of the system lol It's not that there aren't other games I liked, Smash is fun, Mario Kart 8 is just a port, but good, and I enjoyed a handful of others, but the system has not been the best for me in general and a number of things I choose to play on it are also multi-platform games as I try to keep it my "retro throwback" system when I can for games like the Mega Man Collection or Castlevania Collection, or The Messenger and such.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 10:35:28 pm »
I use it for exclusives only, as the Xbox Series X is my main console. I also already owned a Wii U, so there's not a whole lot I actually own on it. But what I do own I like a lot. And my daughter likes it a lot for the Mario games (which I'm not gonna disagree with).

jipsy

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 12:21:32 am »
At this point Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey, like many others I primarily use the Switch for exclusives because there is just better options to play everything else.
Jipsy

mastodon

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 09:48:56 pm »
Octopath Traveler

dhaabi

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 11:26:13 pm »
Most of my favorites exclusive to Switch are first-party titles which should be common for most, although my favorite title is probably less popular than others' with it being Ring Fit Adventure.

Hopefully relatively soon I'll play some third-party exclusives such as Bravely Default II, Octopath Traveler, and Shin Megami Tensei V.

gngtiger

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 11:54:10 pm »
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is such a well-made love letter to Nintendo's past. I loved how many spirits from past game series made it in. I was never into it during its launch, but I still managed to react to the reveals of Kazuya and Sora as they happened. I even love the adventure mode, despite it being not liked by some. More cutscenes would've been glorious, but what happened with Brawl's cutscenes getting leaked made sense as to why Sakurai didn't include as many. I will never stop enjoying this game. Despite the content influx having stopped, Sakurai is the ultimate example on how to craft a crossover (Spider-Man No Way Home not included)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 09:42:55 pm »
Some of my favorite switch games are

Disgaea 1 complete
Disgaea 4 complete
Disgaea 5 complete
Disgaea 6
Brigandine
Into the dead 2
Iris Fall
Slay the Spire
Need for Speed
Salt and Sanctuary
Touhou Genso Wander Reloaded

And many more so many good games on the Switch!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2022, 09:53:30 pm »
I got the family a Switch at launch. Definitely the best Nintendo system since Gamecube. They did almost the impossible given the cliff they were being sent over with the Wii-U. Very impressive turn around.

Favorite games include:
 - Zelda BotW
 - Mario Kart
 - Smash

The best part of the Switch is the memories with my kids. Started with them getting it. I had created a town-wide clue hunt for them. Took them to all their favorite places including McDonalds for lunch... where they had Mario happy meals. Each stop along the way they had a small 2.5" clue box with a clue inside. I made them each look like this:

Sometimes there would be a plush Yoshi holding the clue box. Enough that each kiddo got a plush in their favorite color. Had fun at the park following clues as well. Eventually they led back home where there was a 14" box painted to look like the yellow clue box shown above. They opened it and found the system, controllers and a couple games.

Beyond the gifting of the system, just spending time playing with my kids has been great. They know any games we have on the Switch is something they can play without worrying about ratings.

One of my kids has Animal Crossing as their favorite series of all time. I still don't understand the appeal but she loves it.

What a great story! I like spending quality time with my kids too and video games were a thing we all enjoyed even into their adulthood.

alligo

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2022, 12:55:07 am »
I don't have much so :

SMO
MK8 DX
Kirby Forgotten Land
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 01:36:13 am »
Daemon X Machina
Astral Chain
Xenoblade. All of them.