Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 9.13.22 thoughts?  (Read 1740 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Nintendo Direct 9.13.22 thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 11:59:56 am »
Yeah, Tears of the Kingdom was my only take away. Looking forward too it.

Same.

alligo

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 01:47:43 pm »
I'm super happy, I'm interested in a lot of games, the wallet will burn lol.

My wishlist :

Kirby Deluxe
Yakuza Ishin
Yakuza Gaiden
Crisis Core
Fantasy Theatrhym Final Bar

And many others. (I put those of nintendo direct and sony)
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

aliensstudios

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 01:50:28 pm »
I personally really enjoyed playing Pikmin 3 with the GamePad for multitasking with sending units to different places on the map and for placing units down. Was one of the few games on the Wii U that I've felt used the GamePad in meaningful way.
Huh, I never played Pikmin 3 this way. I played quite a bit with the GamePad only, but not in tandem with the TV. I'll probably at least replay Pikmin 3 before 4 comes out, so maybe this is how I'll do it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 02:37:37 pm »
Add one more to the "I thought it was great" category.

The highlights for me were definitely Radiant Silvergun port (hoping for a Limited Run physical release now!), Tears of the Kingdom, Front Mission remakes, and Bayonetta 3. There were a few slow points, but overall I was pretty happy with with, especially the Tears of the Kingdom trailer and release date.

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2022, 01:29:08 am »
With every Nintendo Direct I'm reminded more and more that I am no longer Nintendo's target audience.

I'll tune in for the big games like the new Zelda and Mario titles, but it seems anime JRPG style games sell more than the games I like. Sign of the times I suppose

aliensstudios

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2022, 01:56:01 pm »
With every Nintendo Direct I'm reminded more and more that I am no longer Nintendo's target audience.

I'll tune in for the big games like the new Zelda and Mario titles, but it seems anime JRPG style games sell more than the games I like. Sign of the times I suppose
Yeah, I feel you. Aside from Pikmin 4 they have nothing coming out that I'm interested in. Even the new Zelda looks like an involved expansion of BotW which I wasn't the biggest fan of either. I've been pining for a more focused and down-to-earth Zelda adventure like Twilight Princess or Wind Waker. I'm not sure how something like F-Zero or Donkey Kong would do nowadays, but it's a shame that Nintendo just keeps relying on remastering it's backlog of older titles and making games that are turn-key like Fire Emblem and Zelda.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."