Author Topic: Atari Mania clarifications  (Read 457 times)

gngtiger

Atari Mania clarifications
« on: August 31, 2022, 07:30:45 pm »
So, later this year (at an indeterminate date), a game studio known as Illogika has plans to release a game known as Atari Mania, a love letter to Atari games of the past coinciding with the company's 50th anniversary. However, many of my edits to the Nintendo Switch entry have been rejected, and I'd like to clear up some issues:
1-The game's developers stated they wished to put the game on Nintendo Switch, but didn't say whether physically or digitally. I logged it as physical for the site's database initially because I wanted to put it on my wishlist, and I personally prefer owning the physical version of a Switch game if I can help it. (Just a brief side note, the game's page on the Atari website only has a Steam and Atari VCS release on queue, so maybe the Switch version has since been cancelled)

2-The "box art" I uploaded, I copied from the Steam page. When uploading images to digital Switch games in the past, I would rely on the page for the game on the Nintendo eShop, but alas, Atari Mania has none (likely because of the aforementioned cancellation possibility). I didn't intend for it to be there permanently, just a replacement until something official was released.

3- The "box text" field I copied and pasted from the Atari Mania website, because I assumed that was what Nintendo would use on their site if the game actually had a page there.

But yeah that's about it. I hope the Switch version isn't cancelled like I'm pretty sure it might be, but it was initially listed as such, so I'll keep it in my wishlist anyway until I get outright confirmation. Thanks admins for bearing with me!

dhaabi

Re: Atari Mania clarifications
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 08:10:56 pm »
2-The "box art" I uploaded, I copied from the Steam page. When uploading images to digital Switch games in the past, I would rely on the page for the game on the Nintendo eShop, but alas, Atari Mania has none (likely because of the aforementioned cancellation possibility). I didn't intend for it to be there permanently, just a replacement until something official was released.

3- The "box text" field I copied and pasted from the Atari Mania website, because I assumed that was what Nintendo would use on their site if the game actually had a page there.

When I rejected your edits about a week ago, it was due to the uncertainty about whether this entry represents a digital or physical item, which I noted as admin comments. If the entry indeed represents a physical item, then the information you submitted for both the Front Box Art and Box Text fields would have been incorrect.

It would be best to leave the entry as it is until we can confirm whether the game will even be releasing for Switch as more concrete details are publicized. Then, either way, we can take action.