Author Topic: UPDATE: Purchased Date now in Details  (Read 4199 times)

matt

UPDATE: Purchased Date now in Details
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:52 pm »
Hello all,

Due to early summer activities things have been a bit slow around here on the development end of things but I have still manager to work on a few new features. I've got about 10 different things being worked on right now and I've decided to push out the first update. This update now allows you to enter and track the purchase date for any of your items. You can update this new field by editing your item details. At this point not but is done with this data but it will be used when I roll out some new sorting options in the near future.

Let me know if you guys have any issues!

Thanks,
Matt

jcalder8

Re: UPDATE: Purchased Date now in Details
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:31:55 pm »
Really glad that you have added this but I have got SO much work now lol

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:11 pm »
Really glad that you have added this but I have got SO much work now lol

ha! Well in the near future I'll have the import function restored, which will allow your quick updates to your games. No real ETA on this but it is nearing completion.

madmax

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:57:05 pm »
Awesome, I like all these little features that make the website just that much better.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 11:58:46 pm »
I've been using your site and the android app for some time now and just wanted to thank you for continuing to make improvements.

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:20:24 am »
It works well so far, maybe it should automatically have today's date in it so if you add it to your collection you won't need to manually enter today's date.

scott

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:36 am »
Awesome! Now if I only knew the dates I purchased things...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 09:50:43 am »
It works well so far, maybe it should automatically have today's date in it so if you add it to your collection you won't need to manually enter today's date.

I was thinking that as well but then I realized that the day I add my games is almost never the day I purchased it. Especially when first joining the site. I think a lot of people will probably prefer it to be empty as opposed to listing incorrect dates. Thoughts?

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:37 am »
I've been using your site and the android app for some time now and just wanted to thank you for continuing to make improvements.

Yes. THIS.

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 10:52:58 am »

Yes. THIS.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm sorry the Android app sucks so bad.  :(

jcalder8

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 11:07:43 am »

I was thinking that as well but then I realized that the day I add my games is almost never the day I purchased it. Especially when first joining the site. I think a lot of people will probably prefer it to be empty as opposed to listing incorrect dates. Thoughts?
I am the same way sometimes but I normally enter it with a couple weeks so the year and possibly month would not need to be changed. As for a new user coming to the site... I don't know, I probably wouldn't have complained about it when I first joined since at least 2012 is closer to all my purchase dates than 1973.

Edit: what about a box to check that would enter today's date?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:09:20 am by jcalder8 »

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:30:20 pm »

Yes. THIS.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm sorry the Android app sucks so bad.  :(

You are being far too hard on yourself sir. The app works perfect for what I use it for and that would be to check and see if I already have the game in my collection or not.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 04:40:43 pm »
As another 'relatively' new(er) member of this site...so far...all that I can really say is that, luckily, a month or 2 ago, (*Right* Before I permanently gave-up on & abandoned the PS3 board over on G*FAQS)...where, unfortunately, the vast majority of the posters/community there are...well...just plain, old, and petty, small-minded, and *UNBELIEVABLY* closed-minded, biased, and Fanboy...Ass-Holes / just calling a spade a spade here :P

...I was fortunate enough to see (on probably my last or my 2nd to the last day there), in Jobocan's signature (*By the way, I consider Jobocan to be much more the *exception* than the rule on that board)...and I certainly do *NOT* include him as part of the majority there that I was just talking about above :)

Jobocan's signature...which in short order...re-directed me from a board & community that I could simply no longer tolerate/subject myself to for *NOT* One Day More...to this site...where, I was made to feel welcome (right from the start), found a community of friendly, open-minded, unbiased, and very knowledgeable members (in, it seems, just about any & all fields & areas related (even tangentially) to all aspects concerning gaming and collecting games.

I was, from day one, impressed w/ the features & conveniences already existing & available on this site...and the fact that Matt (and I'm sure that some of the other & older members here are helping him out in varying ways) continues to keep working on & adding new features to improve an already *EXCELLENT* (IMO) site...coupled w/ the fact that the admins/mods here seem to be easily accesible by the members & users (and, even more importantly) that they actually pay attention, listen to, and implement user suggestions, complaints, and feedback...just really makes me wonder why more sites don't follow the example of sites like this one.

Although I'm sure that I came-off as absolutely *HATING* Any & Everything even remotely related to/affiliated with GameFaqs...I actually don't.

Just about everything...YES.

However, the board/site/community there (that is the *ONLY* board/site/community) that I like as much as vgcollect & spend as much time there as I do here is:

GameFaqs

"RPG's EVERYTHING ELSE" board.

I'd highly recommend that anyone w/ any interest in or any questions about anything "RPG-Related" give it a try :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 10:43:57 pm »
Although I'm sure that I came-off as absolutely *HATING* Any & Everything even remotely related to/affiliated with GameFaqs...I actually don't.
It's ok, pretty much everyone hates everything about GameFAQs lol

atariboy

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 02:32:41 pm »
Awesome! Now if I only knew the dates I purchased things...

HAHA ya i'm not even going to try  ;D
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw