Author Topic: Help me find this game from my childhood?  (Read 890 times)

Help me find this game from my childhood?
« on: June 02, 2018, 01:44:41 am »
Hey everyone!
So I'm trying to find a game from my childhood. I used to play it at Pizza hut when I was a kid (like 15-20 years ago) but here's what I remember.
-It was a side scroller/run and gun
-the gameplay was kinda like metal slug/contra
-probably the most standout thing was that the two playable characters (only differentiated by their colors of orange and blue) and that they had armored backs and tails like an Ankylosaurus.
-first section was standard run and gun but the second section was a vehicle section (never got passed it because I was like 7)

Anyone have any idea what game this might be?

desocietas

Re: Help me find this game from my childhood?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 02:55:47 am »
hmmm
Dinosaurs for Hire?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 04:26:05 am »
Hey everyone!
So I'm trying to find a game from my childhood. I used to play it at Pizza hut when I was a kid (like 15-20 years ago) but here's what I remember.
-It was a side scroller/run and gun
-the gameplay was kinda like metal slug/contra
-probably the most standout thing was that the two playable characters (only differentiated by their colors of orange and blue) and that they had armored backs and tails like an Ankylosaurus.
-first section was standard run and gun but the second section was a vehicle section (never got passed it because I was like 7)

Anyone have any idea what game this might be?
By SNK?

Flashback2012

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 10:07:08 am »
hmmm
Dinosaurs for Hire?

Good guess and probably the first thing I would have mentioned had he not said he played it in a Pizza Hut. AFAIK Dinosaurs for Hire never had an arcade release.

I was going to go with GunForce I/II but I don't remember the character being any color other than silver.