Author Topic: Pokemon Lets Go! Pikachu & Eevee/Pokemon Quest/Pokemon RPG 2019  (Read 1029 times)

Just revealed at a media event in Tokyo, they confirmed the rumors for the first main Pokemon game on console, a reboot of Pokemon Yellow, alongside having an Eevee version. 

-Normal capture gameplay is replaced with Pokemon Go pokeball capturing. 
-The game now includes co-op.
-Kanto Region
-Can have all sorts of Pokemon following you.
-Pokemon Go integration, sharing stuff between the games.
-No more random battles, Pokemon appear on the field.
-Pokeball Plus, which is basically a controller that you can use for playing the game and transferring between Pokemon Go.
-Release November 16th.

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts

At the start, they showed off a F2P/F2D Pokemon game called Pokemon Quest.  It's for Switch and Mobile.  Just a little action game with a square body style to everything.  It's available on Switch right now and will be on mobile at the end of next month.

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0AEUmgGHRE

And they said there are plans for a regular Pokemon RPG in the second half of 2019, more in line with a proper release like X/Y or Sun/Moon.

Re: Pokemon Lets Go! Pikachu & Eevee/Pokemon Quest/Pokemon RPG 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:13 pm »
I am very psyched for this game, but I'm holding onto hope that Nintendo might revamp the whole core Pokemon formula and make a Breath of the Wild style world with Pokemon dynamically doing things within an open world, and also you weren't forced to be a trainer, but could be all sorts of professions within the Pokemon universe. Maybe the 2019 title.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:58:47 pm »
I am very psyched for this game, but I'm holding onto hope that Nintendo might revamp the whole core Pokemon formula and make a Breath of the Wild style world with Pokemon dynamically doing things within an open world, and also you weren't forced to be a trainer, but could be all sorts of professions within the Pokemon universe. Maybe the 2019 title.

This is still Game Freaks, they aren't a company known for going big with their core games, though a big open world Pokemon RPG is what I've always wanted.  I just simply don't want to see what amounts to a better looking Sun/Moon.  I complain about the Pokemon Go capture mechanics here, but I do very much want the series to see big changes, much like what happened with Monster Hunter World. 

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 11:17:26 pm »

This is still Game Freaks, they aren't a company known for going big with their core games, though a big open world Pokemon RPG is what I've always wanted.  I just simply don't want to see what amounts to a better looking Sun/Moon.  I complain about the Pokemon Go capture mechanics here, but I do very much want the series to see big changes, much like what happened with Monster Hunter World.

I could not get into Sun and Moon, and could not get into Ultra Sun and Moon even more. I'm not sure if this has to do with Sun and Moon just not being as good as the previous core titles (well, most of them) or if the formula is finally getting stale for me after 20-years. I'm with you on the Pokemon GO aspects making me a little skeptical, but we'll see. It looks really cool, and I like how it takes place in Kanto.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:38:03 am »
I could not get into Sun and Moon, and could not get into Ultra Sun and Moon even more. I'm not sure if this has to do with Sun and Moon just not being as good as the previous core titles (well, most of them) or if the formula is finally getting stale for me after 20-years. I'm with you on the Pokemon GO aspects making me a little skeptical, but we'll see. It looks really cool, and I like how it takes place in Kanto.

It's basically returning me to where I left the Pokemon games at, which was Pokemon Yellow.  Fitting that this will be what brings me back lol

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 01:07:22 am »

It's basically returning me to where I left the Pokemon games at, which was Pokemon Yellow.  Fitting that this will be what brings me back lol

I bought Pokemon at the strong recommendation of a friend back in 1998 before the franchise exploded in popularity (I know, sounds kind of hipsterish lol). I fell in love with Red version and as the franchise got ultra popular in the late 90s I was fully swept into it. My interested in Pokemon started to fade shortly after Gold and Silver came out, and by the time Ruby and Sapphire were released it was all but dead. It wasn't until 2010 or so that I got the itch to try the series out again after spending years not caring or having no idea what was going on with Pokemon. My girlfriend bought me a DS-lite and Platinum version and this got me fully into it again. Funny enough my GF bought a DS too shortly after and got Soul Silver, which got her back into it too. I didn't care for Black/White, really liked X/Y, LOVED Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and then really didn't like Sun and Moon. I'm inclined to believe Sun and Moon just weren't my thing rather than blaming the tried and true Pokemon formula, but I feel like a should be more excited then I am for this new announcement, which makes me think it could also be the formula as well.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 10:23:20 am »
Thanks for this thread, I've had all of this on my mind since the announcement.

I've played all the main series Pokemon games (minus AROS and Ultra S/M), but couldn't finish X/Y or S/M. I'm not sure why. I thought maybe I was just getting older and couldn't dig it anymore, but I bought and played through Yellow on my 3DS for the 20th anniversary and loved it.

I think there is just too much now and I'm not sure what to do with these games. Too many Pokemon, too many mechanics, and a stale predictable story.

I hope this game both simultaneously returns to basics, and then builds in a new direction from there. I think I'm more excited for "Let's Go" than I have been about any Pokemon game since Black/White (which wasn't my favorite). Return to Kanto, return to the original Pokemon, but all new ways of doing the old things, rather than just piling on new things. My only fear is the interface with Pokemon Go. Haven't touched that game yet, and am worried that it will be a requirement for this game.

I'm still skeptical and will wait for reviews and such, but I think this might be the game that brings me back.