Author Topic: Do You Ever Alter The Controls For A New Challenge?  (Read 645 times)

Do You Ever Alter The Controls For A New Challenge?
« on: June 13, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »
Do you ever alter the controls on a game you know how to play by heart? that you love vary much? but it became too easy for you? Since you probably beat it many times. I didn't so far, but I have thought about it, if in case I wanted try something different or make a video game I love seem new again.

How many of you actually tried alternative controls for a new challenge on a game you've already beaten?

This is an idea I have thought about for a long time now. But occasionally changing controls can make the game lag on some games that were never tested through.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:17:48 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: Do You Ever Alter The Controls For A New Challenge?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:55:49 pm »
no but once i got really good at ace combat 4 on ps2 that i could play the hole game flying upside down

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:49 pm »
I used to beat people at double dash just using my feet. It was kind of a party trick.

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 05:55:39 pm »
I used to beat people at double dash just using my feet. It was kind of a party trick.

holy crap I thought I was the only one! but my games of choice were shooters. joystick in the arch of my feet. got good at hitting buttons accurately with the bottom side. and bent a metal coat hanger to work the L1 L2 R1 R2 buttons and worked them with my toes. never figured anything out for start and select but you never really have to hit them often in games so it never bothered me to just hit it with my hands.

in the early days of CoD's on ps3 (MW, WaW, MW2) I would play 4 player split screen or 2 on 2 private match and take a side by myself (2 controllers one with my feet the other with my hands) and generally win ~70% of the games.

as for the original post it really has not been all that possible until relatively recently. most games that let you pick the button layout you want condense it to 3 or 4 styles. true button randomization has really only happened in the last generation on consoles so no I have never randomized the button layout.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:58:34 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully