Author Topic: Talk me out of buying a delorean...  (Read 1832 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Talk me out of buying a delorean...
« on: December 16, 2018, 03:13:41 am »
I want to:

• buy a Delorean
  • convert it to fully electric
  • deck it out like the Back to the Future one (there are shops that do this).

I’d have the electric plug go where the plutonium is supposed to go and rig it up in my garage so that when I plug it in it’s like when they put the hook in in the movie.

It’s a waste of money, a horrible investment, and completely pointless.

Yet I still want to do it.

Fortunately, I don’t have the money to make it happen. This topic is just for fun.

Pretending for a moment that I have the money and desire to pull this off...

Talk me out of it folks! Or share a crazy dream/goal you have!

Re: Talk me out of buying a delorean...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:05:23 am »
How about a Delorean that backfires each time you switch gears, and has extra flames shooting out of the exhaust pipe, is hard to steer and one that makes you stink and smell like an auto repair shop with no air freshener. or one that has automatic doors than open and shut at random, and cluck the drivers head. for only the price of $50,000 american :P

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 11:09:15 am »
Why would I do such a thing?!

(I'm wearing a T-shirt with the BttF Delorean right now, not even kidding.)

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 11:15:28 am »
Honestly it's your money. It's not the most practical thing to do, but if you did have the money, there are far worse things to spend it on.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 11:49:55 am »
My dream or goal is to have a Chinese Panda bear.  I want a sanctuary of them.  I want to hug one.  I want to discover the cure for autism and try to take over the world so I can make a Panda Bears in charge of things.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:02:05 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:40 am »
My dream or goal is to have a Chinese Panda bear.  I want a sanctuary of them.  I want to hug one.  I want to discover the cure for autism and try to take over the world so I can make a Panda Bears in charge of things.

This is an awesome dream.

I may have the same exact shirt!

How about a Delorean that backfires each time you switch gears, and has extra flames shooting out of the exhaust pipe, is hard to steer and one that makes you stink and smell like an auto repair shop with no air freshener. or one that has automatic doors than open and shut at random, and cluck the drivers head. for only the price of $50,000 american :P

Wow, that would be truely awful. Are they known to be like that?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:49:56 am by dashv »

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 07:54:16 am »

Wow, that would be truely awful. Are they known to be like that?

I only made that up for the most part to make someone laugh, but in all honestly Deloreans were last manufactured in (1983). I think they do have automatic wing doors that open and shut with a button and I am not sure if they ever are really prone to electrical problems. I do know that a used Delorean can cost up to $100,000 american, according to google now.

My mom just got a new car after her 1995 vehicle. had almost rusted through recently. It still ran but it was over 20 years old and driven an awful lot, and stalled at random. I would think that a delorean car would be expensive to buy and even more expensive to upkeep it.

all older cars are known to have their problems but especially 1980's and 1990's car since I think they are vary hard to upkeep since almost nobody still manufactures new parts for them anymore.

Back when computerized cars were new a lot of things could go wrong with them in fact I think more could go wrong with a Delorean

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:57:38 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 08:51:00 am »
You’re at the wrong place for folks to talk you out of anything.

I think you should totally go for it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 12:45:54 pm »

Got mine at a convention. Twin Pines Mall mock-up ad with the Delorean in it.

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 03:38:00 pm »
I’m not talking you out of it either...
Save that cash, get the car, hit 88mph!!!

T-shirt is on my list to buy. I want the one with the car pic + 88mph = the future.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 10:45:48 pm »
You’re at the wrong place for folks to talk you out of anything.

I think you should totally go for it.

I know this. I though we could all step out of our comfort zone and grow together. :)

Got mine at a convention. Twin Pines Mall mock-up ad with the Delorean in it.

Doh. Not the same shirt. I got mine at Box Lunch. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s like Hot Topic without the emo goth vibe.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 03:11:10 pm »
I only made that up for the most part to make someone laugh, but in all honestly Deloreans were last manufactured in (1983). I think they do have automatic wing doors that open and shut with a button and I am not sure if they ever are really prone to electrical problems. I do know that a used Delorean can cost up to $100,000 american, according to google now. Delorean

They never had automatic doors.  That's the Bricklin you're thinking of that had the hydraulic doors you open / close with a button. 

Used Deloreans state-side are pretty inexpensive considering their hype and age.  It is the ones that are in near mint, mint or fully rebuilt condition that command a huge premium.  Also it is worth considering any body damage to that steel shell will cost an arm and a leg to repair.  While I hate electric anything in cars replacing that anemic Peugeot V6 with ANYTHING MORE POWERFUL is awesome.  :)

The "$100,000" you said for one is what a fully built replicate with NOS (new old stock) parts went for sale a while ago.  Not an original factory built one. 

*edit*
I used to be a petrol head before it became expensive and the automotive forums I belonged to got too toxic and political. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:15:24 pm by jce3000gt »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 02:30:53 am »
I understand not everyone is a fan of electric.

I really love my Chevy Volt and my wife has become quite attached to her Nissan Leaf.

We used to be a two Subaru family.

Now that Chevy is discontinuing the Volt we honestly don’t know what our next car will be.

We hopefully have at least another 5-10 years to decide.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 05:23:46 pm »
I think it's a great idea and super cool you would definitely become a hero of mine