Author Topic: Favorite First Person Shooter?  (Read 4964 times)

madmax

Re: Favorite First Person Shooter?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 03:43:08 pm »
Titanfall for online multiplayer
Timesplitters 2 for local multiplayer

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 10:07:30 pm »
Tricky. FPS is one of my least favourite genres (at least within the genres which I actually play), but I loooooooooooooooove BioShock and BioShock 2 to the extent they must be in my top five of all time. That said, they aren't 'pure' FPS and I don't normally associate them with the term.

So technically it's BioShock 1 & 2 by a mile, but when it comes to more standard FPS gaming I'd say either Call of Duty 3 or one of the early PC ones like Ken's Labyrinth, Wolfenstein 3D or Blake Stone.

I 2nd the recommendation of "Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold" as well as its sequel game called "Blake Stone Planet Strike" both of these Blake Stone games are Wolfenstein 3D clone games, but with a graphics uplift.

If anyone can buy themselves a copy of "Blake Stone Aliens Of Gold" and "Black Stone Planet Strike" on steam just do it, it should be cheap and both games have a TON of replayablisty.

in either of the Blake Stone games for PC, you can shoot all the enemies and all the good guys too or you can get series and collect all the hidden treasure throughou the level, you get a higher score for

1: not shooting the good scientists,
2: for shooting all the bad guys in the level
3: Collecting all the hidden treasure, there is a map and also this game lets you go to any floor in the game once it's unlocked letting you backtrack to previous levels
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 10:11:56 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 06:51:03 am »
Halo 2,
this was my most-played game when I was a kid.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3,
I can't believe how many evenings I have played the infected mode on this game.
Besides the infected mode, I also really enjoyed the Spec Ops mode. At one point having the 12th position in the world on a particular map.
It was quite a proud moment for me :D

Battlefield 1
My cavalry charges were intense, last online game I played before switching to Fortnite lol
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

telekill

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2020, 09:54:25 am »
Favorite of all time: Unreal Tournament 2004. Everything from the fast paced run and gun to the vehicles and running people down.... fantastic. The modes were fantastic. I really REALLY wanted a new Unreal Tournament for PS4/5 but with the success of Fortnite, all other Epic projects were s**t canned. So side note here.... f**k Fortnite.

Favorite modern: Destiny 1 and 2. I play with my brother and am planning on buying the new expansion coming up next month as I skipped all added content for Destiny 2 having only had the base game. For the first Destiny, I had bought all expansion content but I needed a break after finishing the second. I'm ready to jump back in and I like that it's getting a PS5 update.

ferraroso

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2020, 06:18:13 pm »
My favorite FPS is easily the first Medal of Honor.
I still have lots of fun playing it even over 20 years past its original release.
My honorable mentions go to the Doom series as a whole and Duke Nukem 3D.

telly

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 06:18:54 pm »
Pokémon Snap ;)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 08:32:19 pm »
Pokémon Snap ;)

All kidding aside, during my formative years as a gamer I wasn't really into FPS, in fact, I really didn't think much of them—my perception is different now, of course. Still, out of the few FPS games that I played that grasped my attention, both Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown for PS1 and South Park for N64 I can honestly say I genuinely enjoyed, so much so that I had to get them when I started closing the gaps in my collection. I also remember playing DOOM for SNES and actually liking it, but it was a rental and I never rented it again.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

smudgy

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 10:21:26 pm »
As a kid, I would have been torn between Wolfenstein 3D and Goldeneye 007.

Lately, I have to say either Borderlands 1 or 3. There's something about the open world-ish RPG style that really appeals to me, and now "regular" FPSes feel incomplete to me without it. I remember playing 007 Nightfire on the Gamecube a few months ago, and I ran up to an enemy and got almost killed. It then occured to me that it was because I was trying to press in the C-Stick to melee them.  :P

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2020, 08:24:46 am »
Bioshock Infinite.
One of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had playing a game.

Honorable mention: Doom 2, Doom 2016, Duke Nukem 3D, Bioshock, Metroid Prime

Mine would be very close between BioShock Infinite and Metroid Prime. I think I'd give the edge to BioShock personally.

I like the way you think.
(I know I’m quoting a post from 4 years ago, but whatever.)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2020, 06:59:48 pm »
Battlefield Bad Company 2 hands down best fps ever great single player and excellent multiplayer. It didn't have a maze like Call of Duty multiplayer map witch I hate.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2020, 09:38:56 pm »
Borderlands. 

The first one was my favorite.  I played the shit out of it.  The second one is probably better, but I liked the auto-turret from the first game.  It's just my favorite.

It’s an older code, but it checks out.

4 years old!  Way to necro a thread