Author Topic: Why does everything have conform to be PC/Inclusive/etc these days?  (Read 7683 times)

gf78

Everywhere you look today, somebody has something negative to say about it. Movie directors, comic writers and pretty much anybody who makes anything exposed to public scrutiny are bending over backwards to be PC and all-inclusive. Hey, that's cool. But do we have to alter things that already exist to further an agenda? 

I am friends with & work with numerous gay people. My oldest daughter proudly states she is bisexual and two good friends are both transitioning. And hey, that's great. People deserve to be happy and I nor anybody else has any right to interfere with their happiness, as long as it isn't some Buffalo Bill wearing ladies skins kinda shit. I also hang out & work with several black people. Sorry if that's the incorrect terminology. So with that being said, here are some things that have been annoying the shit out of me!

Comic books. Oh my, what the hell is going on?!  Wolverine is a girl. Iron Main is a black girl. Captain America is no longer the original super soldier, a black guy is. Iceman is now gay, Spider-Man is/was Dr. Octopus, Thor is/was a girl. What the hell is going on?! I'm cool with black characters, Asian characters, female characters, etc. But please, stop trying to suck up. Make some new characters & stop screwing with existing ones!

Star Wars. My poor, poor Star Wars. Rian Johnson made a shit film and anybody who says its shit is labeled a misogynistic pig. Regardless of why they hated it!  My problem has less to do with how every woman in the film is a brave, stand out hero and 2/3 of the rebels are now women (they are) and more to do with how every Male character is a fuck-up. It's like Johnson went out of his way to make every Male character an ass.  Not to mention the nonsensical plot, illogical time jumps, etc.

Butthurt over Gillette commercial. Get over it PC warriors. 

Satanists having a  me too!" Fit over Christmas decorations. Who friggin cares?!  They are decorations. If you get offended by a jolly fat man in red and Rudolph, you have issues!

Baby Its Cold Outside isn't a friggin song about date rape!

Blizzard, nobody cares if Soldier 76 is gay. The game has almost zero backstory and this is nothing more than pandering for no logical reason whatsoever.

Anything you folks want to get off your chest?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:33:56 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Re: Why does everything have conform to be PC/Inclusive/etc these days?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 07:08:00 pm »
The social justice crowd and PC culture shit has really got out of hand, and this is coming from someone who is pretty liberal. I'm not sure how we got to this point where everyone is offended by everything, but I really miss when people could view something in context and proportional to what is actually happening. Now everyone flips their shit at the slightest provocation of something being even the slightest bit offensive to some group of people. I'm really sick of it and wish people would focus on real problems in our society rather than a freakin commercial or the mascot of some sports team. I'm all for gay rights, women's rights, and equality for all, but I don't feel the need to go on a crusade over something a stupid commercial said or something an actor said on twitter.

As for Disney and Star Wars, their radical inclusiveness is incredibly contrived, which doesn't make it any less annoying, but it is clearly being done in order to market to as many people as possible. In the case of Star Wars, particularly The Last Jedi, it goes full on sexist, portraying all the male characters as weak, cowardly, and foolish compared to virtually every female character in the film whom is protrayed in the exact opposite way to the point of being comedic. This might be the least of that movie's problems. I'd recommend watching several videos that a youtuber named Mauler did on the entire film; he points out nearly everything that is wrong with these movies, politics aside. I feel like the proof is in the pudding though; Star Wars is hurting as a brand overall right now and the catalyst was absolutely TLJ.

pizzasafari

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 07:22:50 pm »
My opinion has moreorless already been said and will be said, fuck PC culture and everything it stands for, but what was that about Satanists butthurt over Santa? That sounds out of character for them. Was that the CoS or Satanic Temple? Or just a few whiny individuals?

I'd love to go on a more in depth rant but I'll never shut up if I do so I'll spare you the details.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:24:48 pm by pizzasafari »

kypherion

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:45 pm »
Yeah I know what you mean. The first thing that comes to mind was the female ghost busters movie and that was just strange.

I agree with you on the comic books to, it's just Marvel sucking up and there's no real point to it.

Never encountered you're satanist situation before, but i'll agree with you there too.

Overall it just gets old and pushes away fans of stuff like me when Star Wars, Marvel etc. try to appeal and push an agenda. Thank god for nintendo!

EDIT: PC culture also just gets on my nerves. I had a discussion on ethnicity the other day and it's a pain in the ass to find a "politically correct" term.  As long as the statement isn't racist in any way there shouldn't be wrong with saying things that are true. Example, I have some black friends. Nothing wrong with that. By definition that's not racist. I'm simply describing their appearance. I'm white, nothing wrong with saying that. It's just who I am. You are simply describing me by a characteristic. I could see if it was like saying "I have a couple of friends with moles on their face or big noses" which is rude but it's not like that.

Back then it was a simpler time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:28:19 pm by kypherion »
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 07:36:36 pm »
I'd laugh if this gets removed or locked while most of seether's posts remain up.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 07:50:52 pm »
I'd laugh if this gets removed or locked while most of seether's posts remain up.
Right?  This thread is just asking for trouble.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 08:01:20 pm »
Ironically, it's not the PC people that are upset at gilette, it's all the anti-pc'ers. Sean Hassity is calling for a boycott. Poor baby.

I don't know much about the Satansit stuff, but if you believe they are really "hurt' over Christmas or santa or whatever, I don't envy your intellectual skills. They are likely showing how absurd the whole "we can finally say Christmas again" agenda crap is.

Anyway, the world is changing. You don't adapt, you go extinct.

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 08:41:53 pm »

I consider myself to be a politically correct black lives matter lover liberal commie feminazi social justice warrior-ing snowflake and I couldn't agree more.❤️
Things are changing, babe. And they will continue to do so.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:11:25 pm by ferraroso »

gf78

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 08:49:29 pm »
As I said, my intention is not to offend anyone. I'm talking about how in an attempt to NOT offend anyone has become offensive of itself.

People whining about the dumbest crap, so now society tries to make everything PC. then you have those on the opposite end of the spectrum, trying to be as offensive as possible. Both sides are annoying.

The whole pledge of allegiance at school controversy. People finding a Pokemon offensive, looking for something to be angry about. Internet trolls running people into the dirt with no fear of reprisal. Fear mongering in politics. The general shittiness man heaps upon his fellow man. Not taking the time to let someone out in traffic. Not showing respect to the elderly. School kids with their heads so far up their iPhone's ass, they have no clue how to function in society. Its nuts.

And how can I forget, as if Last Jedi wasn't bad enough?  We get Solo with "Pando" Calrasian?  Did we need to retroactively make Lando different?  Why change a character retroactively to pander?  Couldn't another character have been pansexual?  I dont have a problem with people and their lifestyles, but as my friend Tasha (who is gay in a marriage with her wife who is now transitioning to a male) said when talking about Lando "That's just fucking stupid."
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:13 pm »
I don't know much about the Satansit stuff, but if you believe they are really "hurt' over Christmas or santa or whatever, I don't envy your intellectual skills. They are likely showing how absurd the whole "we can finally say Christmas again" agenda crap is.

Wow. You dont know me or anything about me and want to insult my intellectual skills? 

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/04/673422143/satanic-sculpture-installed-at-illinois-statehouse-just-in-time-for-the-holidays

I assume your mention of Sean Hannity coupled with an attempt to label me as intellectually impaired means you are a liberal?  Good for you. So am I!  But because I believe in equal rights, courtesy, & compassion for everyone doesnt mean i dont find pandering and ass-kissing to keep crybabies happy ridiculous.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 09:08:48 pm »
We get Solo with "Pando" Calrasian?  Did we need to retroactively make Lando different?  Why change a character retroactively to pander?  Couldn't another character have been pansexual?  I dont have a problem with people and their lifestyles, but as my friend Tasha (who is gay in a marriage with her wife who is now transitioning to a male) said when talking about Lando "That's just fucking stupid."
See, I don’t think this is pandering at all.  I see it as a natural extension of Lando as a character.  To me Lando always read as a pansexual - even before I really knew what sexuality was.  Lando for me has always been someone who would fuck anyone and anything at any time, which is why I love him.  Smooth as hell to everyone.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:10:33 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 09:15:03 pm »
Ironically, it's not the PC people that are upset at gilette, it's all the anti-pc'ers. Sean Hassity is calling for a boycott. Poor baby.

This isn't about the world changing; this is about people getting super pissed off over the dumbest shit and making it out to be something it's not. I agree about the Merry Christmas thing being the conservative version of using proper pronouns or some other stupid shit like that. I welcome change and I hope that we continue to progress as a society of equal pay, equal rights, and everyone getting a fair shot in society. Shoehorned diversity, misandry, ruining people's lives over not using gender neutral pronouns is not progress or help the cause of equal rights at all. Besides, most mainstream examples of equality and social justice are more sensationalism and pandering rather than actual calls for change or equality.

Flashback2012

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 09:15:47 pm »
As I said, my intention is not to offend anyone.

Well I'm offended by your intention to not offend me!!! Outrage!  >:(

Actually I'm not offended. I'm more tired than anything. Night shift is for the birds.

ferraroso

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 09:17:54 pm »
People finding a Pokemon offensive

I find this one to be pretty offensive.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 09:20:22 pm »
We get Solo with "Pando" Calrasian?  Did we need to retroactively make Lando different?  Why change a character retroactively to pander?  Couldn't another character have been pansexual?  I dont have a problem with people and their lifestyles, but as my friend Tasha (who is gay in a marriage with her wife who is now transitioning to a male) said when talking about Lando "That's just fucking stupid."
See, I don’t think this is pandering at all.  I see it as a natural extension of Lando as a character.  To me Lando always read as a pansexual - even before I really knew what sexuality was.  Lando for me has always been someone who would fuck anyone and anything at any time, which is why I love him.  Smooth as hell to everyone.

I must have missed the part in Empire Strikes Back where he hit on C3PO, made sexual advances towards R2D2, and asked Chewie on a date.

But in all seriousness, the fact that Lando's sexuality has become a focus in a Star Wars film is just ridiculous and makes no sense in the context of Star Wars or his character which was already developed/established in the original trilogy. He didn't need to be reestablished at all, and the fact they chose to do it in the way they did was total pandering.