Author Topic: Ever Bought a Game with No Plans on Opening it?  (Read 2417 times)

ferraroso

Re: Ever Bought a Game with No Plans on Opening it?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2021, 08:28:38 pm »
Retro or not, nowadays I actually rarely play whatever games I buy so I'd say that yes. Haha
Most of what I purchase is bought with no intention of playing...

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2021, 08:46:40 am »
The whole point of games is to play them! I certainly own sealed games that I'm not going to open now, but they were bought with the intent to play them. Then I didn't get around to it & the prices spiked- so now I have the dilemma of opening the copy I have, or selling it for profit & buying a CIB copy to replace it.

I do technically own one game I bought without intending to play it- for awhile I collected this Japanese doll/figure line called Pinky Street... they put out a couple games that came with special edition dolls. The DS games I could (and did) play, but the PS2's region lock meant that one went right on the shelf sealed. Ironically, I have since picked up a Japanese PS2, so it might get played yet! (It's an RPG & my Japanese isn't great, so we'll see!)

doafan

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2021, 09:57:05 am »
Retro or not, nowadays I actually rarely play whatever games I buy so I'd say that yes. Haha
Most of what I purchase is bought with no intention of playing...

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2021, 12:27:54 pm »
I just remembered another reason why some stuff in my collection winds up staying sealed: I wind up getting a digital version for super cheap/free before I open it. Usually it's because of DLC, where a sale is run on the game + DLC for a better price than just getting the DLC by itself. Or the game makes its way to Game Pass before I open it, allowing my to just install and play it without using the disc.