Author Topic: What Do You Like The Most About Your Gaming?  (Read 1571 times)

What Do You Like The Most About Your Gaming?
« on: January 24, 2019, 07:00:10 am »
This may be a confusing question to some. But I'm asking further questions. So? what is the reason why you play video games to begin with? Do you use it as an escape from reality? do you like to collect more than you play? Do you like to explore worlds and use your imagination? Do you use video games similar to a novel or a book like experience? and play for story purposes? Do you like the way games make your feel inside? Is it the challenge that draws you in on certain games? to kill time?

I could go on all day asking more questions so I am going to stop and reply that my answer is all of the above and beyond

I checked search and I tried to find another topic asking this same question me knowing it is a common question and I came up empty pretty much
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:02:45 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: What Do You Like The Most About Your Gaming?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 07:35:13 am »
For me the core feature I love about gaming is the notion of being an interactive form of story telling. I enjoy all forms of media but Video games interactivity immerses me so much more.
An interesting example is a comparison from film to game which I have experienced recently. I saw Tron Legacy within the cinemas upon release and while I could see it was on the high end of production value the actual action sequences just weren't engaging me at all and it felt rather boring... Having just played Kingdom Hearts DDD which features an area based off of Tron legacy, I found it to be the most compelling of all areas within the series - Even having not cared much for the source material! The action packed set pieces were phenomenal (One moment had my jaw drop where after a battle I hacked a gun turret which shattered the glass wall it was on, leading to an opening that had you jump down a hue drop to another location where the combat continued!), but I also found myself more invested in the story of that world too.

For me the narrative is key, it doesn't have to always be interactive with choices like Heavy Rain (Though I adore games which allow me too and think it's a great route for the industry to explore!), but I find as the medium requires my input I'm just more invested. Also, I like grande adventure JRPG's which very rarely translate to film very well - Lord of the Rings may be a consideration. But I love going off on an adventure with a cast of characters who each have their own story line and troubles to overcome, I love learning about the characters and seeing their personal growth and understanding upon the trials the adventure puts them through. Plus I often get overwhelmed with the feelings the narrative brings from the sadness of seeing a village wiped out to the warm fuzzy feelings of when a character is triumphant.

I also use games a method to bond with people, lately me and my firend have been playing the whole Kingdom Hearts series in prep for Kingdom Hearts III next week - It's been a thrilling ride which we've often bickered back and forth regarding all the games challenges or convulted story meanings. I personally find it hard to engage with others about many other topics and I find that the industry has plenty to keep me occupied with year after year.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 10:03:11 am »
I play games for fun.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 11:14:39 am »
I started playing video games for the same reason just about everyone does, as a form of entertainment. It remained this way until I was around 9 or 10-years old when I got really, really into the N64 and many games for it. The best way I can describe it is they went from being something I did like riding my bike or watching Nickelodeon, to being something personally meaningful.

Now, not only are games still personally meaningful to me, but they hold a lot of my most cherished memories and serve as some of the most vivid reminders of the best parts of my life. Not only that, but due to involvement in forums like VGcollect and various local collecting/gaming groups I've met some very cool people and experienced some very fun times as a result.

kypherion

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 11:21:54 am »
Mainly for a form of entertainment but also as an escape from reality. I tend to collect more than I play because I have the tendency to replay a couple games I like versus playing all the games I own. Difficulty is part of the reason for this, as I'll often do runs of Castlevania or Trauma Center because it's a reasonable difficulty. It's also a great way to kill time. Overall it's a ton of fun.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

kashell

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 12:01:16 pm »
*Entertainment
*Friendships
*Escapism
*Education
*Music

There are so many things I like about gaming. It's my number one hobby.

dreama1

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 01:04:16 pm »
I like it as a art form, music included or a learning experience at times. I really don't like to view it as dispoable entertainment I think those sort of games are rather degenerate, and people shouldn't play them, or atleast very restricted like junkfood or sugar. I regard these sort of games as anything on a mobile device, or anything with loot boxes or season passes, or dlc beyond acceptable levels. Games like Fortnight, Battlefield, (anything by EA at all actually) I don't think anyone should touch anything at all by EA if they regard themselves as a real gamer, anything that destorys the gaming landscape should be met with instant disgust. But I have stronger disgust than EA itself for informed people who still buy their products.

I like how it's like a interactive board game that requires different levels of your cognitive brain to overcome different obstactles in each game against the game itself or another player. So competition against yourself or others in other words.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:06:37 pm by dreama1 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 01:28:22 pm »
For fun

Video games fall into the same category as TV, Movies, and books. It’s just some entertainment.

I don’t have a deeper meaning. To quote seether:
I play games for fun.

stealthrush

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 02:43:33 pm »
Challenge.

SilverBow

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 10:14:01 pm »
To delay, as long as possible, the onset of age-related dementia.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 12:45:20 am »
*Entertainment
*Friendships
*Escapism
*Education
*Music

There are so many things I like about gaming. It's my number one hobby.