Author Topic: How To Properly Setup An Audio Mixer, Mainly For Music But Works For Games  (Read 979 times)

How to Setup A Proper Audio Mixer for Universal Genre Music:

Backstory.
I have 2 years of Online broadcast experience. And about 16 years of musical and digital audio experience, I've been working with numerus sound formats. Including traditional physical vinyl records both 45's and 33's and cassettes. As well as CD and many different types of digital file formats and player and broadcasting applications. And sound cards and sound card settings.

I never been to audio college or produced any musical recordings though. But I would often experiment with multiple equalizers while listening to mostly my mom's Rock as and Pop CD collection RIPPED to my PC hard drive. as a late aged teenager. I can even work on classic stereo equipment too. The following works for all types of music and most devices, including a 1980's stereo or sound system too I am pretty sure too.

FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR A SOUND SAMPLE 10-9-2023.

(start) I also have this knowledge posted the dark life radio forum.

I recommend having a soundcard or sound board and all your recordings in ACC/FLAC format first. Then set your soundcard as your default communication device and as your speaker device also. Install Mixxx app on computer. Then set your app setting to operate with your current sound card or chip. Turn off waveform cache before you start. And turn off high wavelength graphics setting before you start.

Then test your audio latency for lag. The audio latency is a different REQUIREMENT for everyone. But IT MUST BE PERFECT. otherwise, your sound will be shitty and skip all over the place. Sometimes you don't need it sometimes you do. RAM and CPU processor speed determine how low or high audio latency must be setup.

Set your equalizer to high mid right high left and lower to higher middle section.

Your far-left controls BASS your mid-section controls most voice and your far-right controls most percussions.

Raise the 2nd and the 3rd from right and the far-left bar high.

and then do 1 2 & 3 with the 3rd from left the highest bar.

DO NOT RAISE THE FARTEST-RIGHT BAR HIGH. otherwise, the percussions will hurt you and your listeners eardrums.

Set up your preferences turn on the GRAPHIC EQUILIZER. setup AUTOPAN on both sides of the screen you'll see. Then turn both the wheels slightly to the half left wheel center.

setup auto Dj. then turn it full intro and outro and set it 7 second crossfade with all other default settings.
Add you Dj libraries to the recordings folder inside the documents folder on your computers. Click auto Dj add the shift A to select all music, right click. Add to AUTO DJ. click shuffle one time and wait. Setup you stream.

TALK TO THE PEOPLE AT CASTHOST IN ORDER TO GET A PORT SETUP IF INTERESTED IN BROADCASTING

https://portal.casthost.net/

See this topic about blanket licenses if you do not want to pirate. You don't need one, but it will keep you safe. Even noncommercial stations need one to be completely. safe Check out
https://darkliferadio.proboards.com/thread/1377/interested-obtaining-licence-ascap

Do not use kill setting for anything games or music, it might put more ware on your hardware, not sure. It just makes your settings more extreme in my experience.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:39:53 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"