Author Topic: Digital re-release of old games  (Read 1909 times)

Digital re-release of old games
« on: August 03, 2019, 12:41:49 pm »
Which old games would you love to see re-released digitally on platforms such as Steam/GOG and PSN/Nintendo eShop and why? For me, I would love to see something like Encarta MindMaze or The Sims 1 reappear on Steam or GOG just so that the newer generations (post 2010) would have a chance to play those games just like I did. What about you guys?

jalien

Re: Digital re-release of old games
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 01:43:43 pm »
I hope oneday that gog will have the old mechwarrior games 1-4. Used to love playing them when I was younger and cant find a way to revisit them today.

ferraroso

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 06:33:08 pm »
Digitally, none.
However, there are many games I'd really appreciate to have physically for any of the current generation consoles such as (in no specific order):
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World
- The King of Fighters '98
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
- Star Wars:  Rogue Squadron II
- Metal Gear Solid
- Ai Senshi Nicol
- Herc's Adventures
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves
- Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG (AKA: Panzer Dragoon Saga)
- Sonic the Hedgehog CD
- Nanatsu Kaze no Shima Monogatari
and...
- an Ace Combat Collection or something like that...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:39:04 pm by ferraroso »

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 08:57:02 pm »
Which old games would you love to see re-released digitally on platforms such as Steam/GOG and PSN/Nintendo eShop and why? For me, I would love to see something like Encarta MindMaze or The Sims 1 reappear on Steam or GOG just so that the newer generations (post 2010) would have a chance to play those games just like I did. What about you guys?

I love the sims 1 and 2 series on the PC, it's unfortunate that the only way to get a digital copy of the sims 1
(at the date of this post) is through illegal ways and for free. I still wish that all old video games were still being released physically as well. And also if the physical copies of most old PC games, would be compatible on a modern PC windows operating systems.

I hope oneday that gog will have the old mechwarrior games 1-4. Used to love playing them when I was younger and cant find a way to revisit them today.

yea the Mechwarrior series is a great mech fighting series. The game is kinda hard, but my favorite Mechwarrior game, is the 4 series. Because you can turn on invincibility, in the options menu, and still get to advance through the campaign missions.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:00:07 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 11:13:50 pm »
I keep hoping someone will remaster The Dig for any console really.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 12:37:10 pm »
Only games that can no longer be played on original hardware. Remasters are OK, but only for 4:3 or arcade resolutions to 16:9. Anything with a upscale that retains pillarbox on 16:9 is a waste of money.