Author Topic: Coleco Frogger Mini Arcade  (Read 2299 times)

darko

Coleco Frogger Mini Arcade
« on: April 20, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »
I know absolutely zero about these bad boys. I found one at a local antique shop today and was wondering if $65 is too steep or if there is even a decent market for these things. It's in mint condition and works perfectly but doesn't come with anything but the machine. Any info/advice would be appreciated!

matt

Re: Coleco Frogger Mini Arcade
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:47:47 pm »
I definitely had this exact machine as a child. Not sure of the value though. $65 feels a bit steep.

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »
In my opinion 65$ is a bit high, but those things go for between 60-200$ on ebay so... maybe it's worth it? I'd try to bargain it down frankly. I think people are just overcharging because they can and not really because it's worth that much.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:46:25 pm »
One important thing to check whenever you find one is that it is the original release because they got re-released in 200X. 65 is more than I would be willing to pay for one but they sell for more than that.

darko

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 04:59:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's an original. It had 1982 on the sticker on the bottom.

atariboy

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:15:15 pm »
I agree with most comments here, $65 is a bit steep unless you REALLY got to have it. It is a bit steep but it does sell for a bit more. I would like to get my hands on one but i myself wouldn't spent that much.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

blipcs76

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 09:30:12 am »
I actually have all 5 of the Coleco Tabletop games released in this style (Frogger, Galaxian, Donkey Kong, Pac Man & Ms. Pac Man).  They are highly collectible, but $65 for Frogger is too high.  I'd expect this to sell for closer to $40-$50 on eBay.  The really expensive ones are basically mint and usually complete with box.

Frogger and Galaxian are probably the less valuable of the five.  Donkey Kong is in the middle, followed by Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man as the more expensive ones.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:32:20 am by blipcs76 »