Author Topic: No New Games in 2020  (Read 3039 times)

kevininja

Re: No New Games in 2020
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 10:21:41 am »
Good luck! There's too many games that I'm interested in to even try this  :o

tpugmire

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 11:35:47 am »
I did the same thing a few years ago and it was easier than I thought it would be. I just focused on my backlog and random old games from my collection. You got this!
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 12:02:26 pm »
I'm probably just going to buy retro stuff this year.  The only new game I'm even interested in is the FF7 Remake.  I'm just going to wait until they release the second part and then I can get both together.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 05:11:30 pm »
The challenge can't be to hard imo

you probably have a ton of games left unplayed there is no excuse for boredom. games that you buy this year might be left unplayed or are worse or equal compared to the games that are yet to be played.

The only things that might make an exception are bargains for retro deals since your actually missing out than but seeing as that gets harder every year i don't think you'll be tempted in that department by much.

I think it's doable. it can't be worse than funko pop collecting for the sake of having it. Never seen the appeal for those they look ugly as hell with them chibi faces but to each their own.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 06:23:39 am »
No new games. Does that mean no new release games, or just no games new to your collection at all?

Same question

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2019, 04:02:14 pm »
I wish I could join you but TLOU 2 comes out this year and next gen consoles come out holiday of 2020.  I honeslty prob could have went 2019 without buying a new game.  But 2020 looks to be a heavy year with some amazing exclusives, consoles and fun. :).   

I wish you much luck though.  It sounds like an awesome idea to become zenful in the art of collecting.   It will humble the soul and make new games feel more exciting once you are finally allowed to aquire them in 2021. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 04:16:22 pm »
So I told my wife that I was going to do this. The response is gold and one of the million reasons I married her.

And I quote:

“That’s some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard you say”.    ;D

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 05:06:34 pm »
So I told my wife that I was going to do this. The response is gold and one of the million reasons I married her.

And I quote:

She doesn't know you as well as we do.

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2019, 06:00:02 pm »

And I quote:

Marriage goals in one sentence

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 04:19:49 pm »
Well Eff you Limited Run Games! 

I’m trying not to buy any games in 2020, and they announce a Mighty Switch Force Collection for Switch!

It’s just the second week in January!

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2020, 05:55:43 pm »
Well Eff you Limited Run Games! 

I’m trying not to buy any games in 2020, and they announce a Mighty Switch Force Collection for Switch!

It’s just the second week in January!

LMAO!!!

telly

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2020, 06:19:31 pm »
Lmao rip
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

necrosexual

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2020, 08:39:47 pm »
ya ok but animal crossing new horizons this yearrr

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2020, 01:39:36 am »

And I quote:

Do pinball machines count?

Stern released a Stranger Things table!

pzeke

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2020, 08:09:10 am »
Damn, I don't want to be a dick, but I think you're going to fold. I want you to prove me wrong, but my Spidey sense is telling me otherwise.

It's only 366 days, so prove me wrong.

You know what, come to think of it, there were instances in my life where I went near or a full year without buying video games; it doesn't take a mighty force to make it happen. Just put your mind to it and you'll accomplish it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!