Author Topic: New YouTube Channel for us Retro Collector's  (Read 2118 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

New YouTube Channel for us Retro Collector's
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:42:58 am »
Hey Folks,

I wanted to get the word out on my new youtube channel.  This has been something I've wanted to do for such a long time, and last night I finally got my first video up.  If you like the CD-i, I suggest you head on over and check it out now  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3AZcH4HXI

My video's will focus on all area's of Gaming. I'll be posting great deals and pickup videos, and then awesome review's on those great treasures I find.  I want to be informative, and helpful to others, as well as make you laugh all the same time. I really think you'll enjoy.

My First couple of videos will be focusing on the Philips CD-i. Although far from the greatest system, This system still needs some love! I think YouTube has enough reviews of Super Mario 3 don't you? ;)

thanks for watching,
Retro

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: New YouTube Channel for us Retro Collector's
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 04:04:42 am »
Hey Folks,

I wanted to get the word out on my new youtube channel.  This has been something I've wanted to do for such a long time, and last night I finally got my first video up.  If you like the CD-i, I suggest you head on over and check it out now  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3AZcH4HXI

My video's will focus on all area's of Gaming. I'll be posting great deals and pickup videos, and then awesome review's on those great treasures I find.  I want to be informative, and helpful to others, as well as make you laugh all the same time. I really think you'll enjoy.

My First couple of videos will be focusing on the Philips CD-i. Although far from the greatest system, This system still needs some love! I think YouTube has enough reviews of Super Mario 3 don't you? ;)

thanks for watching,
Retro

Tell me a review of Burn Cycle complete with gameplay footage is coming and I will subscribe right now.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:56:49 pm »
Burn: Cycle is definitely on the list my friend!  I hear it's one of CD-i's Finest.

- Retro

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 04:42:49 am »
Episode 2 is up! Here I take an in-depth look at the Philips CD-i 550 Game console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jYCMLifSY

enjoy folks!

-Retro

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:59:41 pm »
Burn: Cycle is definitely on the list my friend!  I hear it's one of CD-i's Finest.

- Retro

Watched and subbed. A couple questions/comments.

Why not intercut with medium shots of you taking? You could still cut to the console with your talking as voice over from time to time.

To show gameplay footage well consider getting a capture card for your computer. :-) no wavy lines at all then. :-)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:51:01 am by dashv »

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »
Hey thanks, I appreciate the feedback... and you know what.. your absolutely right ;)  After uploading it, I realized that next time I should take the time to capture footage.  I actually own a capture device, but It forces me to play the game in a small capture window. However, it's totally worth it. My next video's will be captured directly from the console itself.

And for now, I'm just not interested in being on camera.  Perhaps in later episodes!

- Retro.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 05:57:09 am »
I've gone back to the drawing board, and took my time with my latest episode....

So here it is... hot off the press...

Game Time: Episode 2 - Burn:Cycle Review for CD-i.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lole9bXd_zA&feature=youtu.be

Please subscribe if you enjoy... there will be many more to come  ;)

Enjoy!

-Retro
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:00:54 am by retromangia »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 03:43:41 pm »
I shall check it out!?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:54 pm »
I like that you showed gameplay footage but didn't give out any spoilers! :)

I am going to try to find this for PC.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:20:35 am »
first of all sorry for this being my first reply but i have a white console bally arcade id like to sell!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 03:09:53 am »
I've gone back to the drawing board, and took my time with my latest episode....

So here it is... hot off the press...

Game Time: Episode 2 - Burn:Cycle Review for CD-i.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lole9bXd_zA&feature=youtu.be

Please subscribe if you enjoy... there will be many more to come  ;)

Enjoy!

-Retro

Necro-ing this thread because you convinced my to buy a CDI and Burn:Cycle. They should arrive next week! I hope you continue doing reviews!

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 03:08:41 am »
Hey DashV, glad you liked the reviews...  I've kind gotten away from the reviews after that last episode.  I started looking for new & better editing software, and never really found one i liked... then life got in the way etc. etc..

However, it's nice to know people liked my reviews, and you may have just convinced me to start back up again.  ;)

There's a lot of PSP games out there that need some love...