Author Topic: Your Favorite Era Of Racing Games Or Kind Of Racing Games/Type  (Read 2327 times)

Re: Your Favorite Era Of Racing Games Or Kind Of Racing Games/Type
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 05:22:15 pm »
This pretty much says it all.

Kart racing is also a favorite of mine, as well as racing games that incorporate vehicular combat.

Has anyone ever played "Battle Cars" on the Super Nintendo? I have not played that game in a long time. Like the name suggests, it's a vehicular combat racing game, that is nothing like the Twisted Metal series on PlayStation 1 because it is an actual racing game. that was vary cheap to obtain a copy of.

For those who do not know the first 4 Twisted Metal games on the PlayStation 1 are car combat games that have absolutely nothing to do with racing. Some people who never played the first 4 Twisted Metal games on the original  PlayStation think it is a racing game. even some website had it listed as a racing video game. funny enough
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:26:54 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 12:07:11 am »
Battle Cars has been on my radar for some time, I think it looks pretty good. Not to be confused with Combat Cars on the Genesis, which looks... okay-ish.

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 08:47:08 pm »
Battle Cars has been on my radar for some time, I think it looks pretty good. Not to be confused with Combat Cars on the Genesis, which looks... okay-ish.

From my memory that racing game was kind of difficult, I vaguely remember a boss fight? I could not get past I need to play that game again
NO APPS NEEDED

over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2020, 07:10:31 pm »
I just discovered that there were a ton of racing games that came out for  Original Xbox. It seems that the Original Xbox may have dominated the racing genre for the 6th generation of consoles.

Out of all video games I can't seem to find too many racing games for the PlayStation 2 outside of Gran Turismo 3 and 4. I need to ask where have all the PS2 racing games gone to?
NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 10:14:54 pm »
I just discovered that there were a ton of racing games that came out for  Original Xbox. It seems that the Original Xbox may have dominated the racing genre for the 6th generation of consoles.

Out of all video games I can't seem to find too many racing games for the PlayStation 2 outside of Gran Turismo 3 and 4. I need to ask where have all the PS2 racing games gone to?
PS2 has a ton of racing games.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2020, 12:05:07 am »

PS2 has a ton of racing games.

True I knew there were some out their like the EA NASCAR games, and the Burnout series, and the Midway Arcade Treasures 3 has some. I just am not looking in the right places, anyway picked up a bunch of xbox racing games some vary cheap at lukie games, recently
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:06:57 am by oldgamerz »
NO APPS NEEDED

ffxik

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2020, 01:46:49 am »
I don't have a particular era that's near and dear to me.  I can list a number across them all that I like.  As far as types definitely arcade style.  I don't mind simulation racers but I prefer the loose, rule bendy arcade racers.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2020, 06:43:53 am »
I am not sure where to post this but I'll try here

There seems to be a lot of racing games for the original Xbox All they all run perfectly using the controllers right (trigger) for acceleration. and left trigger for brake,

the ones I've already tried really feel like an arcade game experience for a fraction of the cost and room for a real arcade racing  setup

Just recently started playing 'Corvette" for the original Xbox on an original Xbox. using a  standard, wired S Controller and I really get the feeling like I am playing it in the arcade.

NASCAR Heat 2002 and this other Original Xbox racing game are just as good, but it's the controller that makes them good games. :)
NO APPS NEEDED