Author Topic: Your Top Ten Recommended Nintendo 64 Games (text)  (Read 2504 times)

Your Top Ten Recommended Nintendo 64 Games (text)
« on: February 04, 2020, 06:26:55 am »
I am going to list my top must have Nintendo 64 games since there does not seem to be a topic like this that was dedicated for the Nintendo 64

(all time top ten list)
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7223.0.html

1: Wave Race 64 (Hard racing game at first but it's vary fun on the Hori Pad controller)
"Retro-Bit Tribute 64 Wired N64 Controller for Nintendo 64"

2: 007 Goldeneye: (FPS don't have due to played this one to death)
3: WWF No Mercy: (wrestling Version 1.1 because the version 1.0 has a progress erasing bug)
4: Beetle Adventure Racing: (arcade racing a few bugs but it overall a fun little racing game with excellent graphics)
5: Mario Kart 64: (kart racing want this game but don't currently have it)
6: Xena: Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate: (under rated fighting game supports up to 4 players in an arena like battle simultaneous)

7: Doom 64: ( FPS vary difficult but still a great shooter)
8: Hexen: Beyond Heretic ( FPS Seems easy but I never beat it)
9: Micky Speedway USA: (Great Mario Kart Clone)
10: Wrestlemania  2000 (another great Wrestling game)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:33:41 am by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Re: Your Top Ten Recommended Nintendo 64 Games (text)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 08:52:57 am »
I got into the N64 at a bad time (the prices in my area where spiking around the time I got a deal on a deck, oddly enough), so my collection is small. I will be very interested in what people say in this thread!

I just have one recommendation- Mischief Makers. It flew under the radar back in the day, being basically a 2D platformer in the 3D era. But it's a fun lil' romp with some interesting mechanics. It's also not too expensive just yet, but it is starting to make the rounds in 'hidden gems' articles/videos, so if you wanna try it maybe sooner rather than later is a good idea!

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 10:18:49 am »
I like the N64, however most of its library of games don't particularly appeal to me, so my collection is rather small, but it's comprised of what I considered are good games. There are still games I'd like to get for the console, but price is a big factor of why I haven't done so yet.

In no particular order, and based on the games I’ve played over the years…

Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Sin & Punishment
Bangai-O
Paper Mario
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (could be interchanged with Majora's Mark)
Pokémon Snap
Mischief Makers
Jet Force Gemini
StarFox 64
Bomberman 64

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

kashell

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 11:21:41 am »
Ogre Battle 64
Smash Bros.

Mario Kart 64, I guess...

Majora's Mask

That's about all I got.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 11:22:13 am »
1: Wave Race 64 (Hard racing game at first but it's vary fun on the Hori Pad controller)
"Retro-Bit Tribute 64 Wired N64 Controller for Nintendo 64"

2: 007 Goldeneye: (FPS don't have due to played this one to death)
3: WWF No Mercy: (wrestling Version 1.1 because the version 1.0 has a progress erasing bug)
4: Beetle Adventure Racing: (arcade racing a few bugs but it overall a fun little racing game with excellent graphics)
5: Mario Kart 64: (kart racing want this game but don't currently have it)
6: Xena: Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate: (under rated fighting game supports up to 4 players in an arena like battle simultaneous)

7: Doom 64: ( FPS vary difficult but still a great shooter)
8: Hexen: Beyond Heretic ( FPS Seems easy but I never beat it)
9: Micky Speedway USA: (Great Mario Kart Clone)
10: Wrestlemania  2000 (another great Wrestling game)

That is one of the most original top 10’s I’ve ever seen. Everyone’s got their own likes though. Good on ya.

As for myself:

1) AKI Wrestling games (All of them, especially WWF No Mercy)
2) Mario Kart 64
3) Star Fox 64
4) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
5) Smash Bros
6) Mario Party
7) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
8) Gauntlet Legends
9) Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
10) NBA Showtime

I think that’s a solid list. It’s always changing though.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 12:53:54 pm »
Ogre Battle 64

I’ve been meaning to give that one and Aidyn Chronicles a try for the longest time now.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 01:42:01 pm »
Ogre Battle 64
Smash Bros.

Majora's Mask

That's about all I got.

Right?  The 64 does not have a great library.  There are a few stand-out masterpieces, but as a whole it’s kind of bleh.  I was talking with someone about a potential N64 Classic and how it would be a huge disappointment, and they argued with me until I asked them to name 15-20 games they could put on it.

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 03:04:54 pm »
Right?  The 64 does not have a great library.  There are a few stand-out masterpieces, but as a whole it’s kind of bleh.  I was talking with someone about a potential N64 Classic and how it would be a huge disappointment, and they argued with me until I asked them to name 15-20 games they could put on it.

While I agree the N64 has a dismal game library, something worthwhile can still be put together that will undoubtedly put the PlayStation Classic to shame.

Here’s a list in no particular order of games they could easily include in the mini-console:

Super Mario 64
Yoshi’s Story
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask
StarFox 64
Pokémon Snap
Mario Kart 64
Wave Race 64
GoldenEye 007
1080° Snowboarding
Donkey Kong 64
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Bomberman series
F-Zero X
Cruis’n USA
Excitebike 64
Paper Mario
Mario Party series
Castlevania and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness

And there’s still plenty of other oddities they could add like AeroGauge, S.C.A.R.S., Mischief Makers, Chameleon Twist, Snowboard Kids, as well as Conker’s Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, the Turok series, Blast Corps, Hybrid Heaven, maybe even Duke Nukem or Doom, and a puzzler or two for good measure.

And hey, we can’t forget about the best N64 game of all time: Superman 64.

I doubt Nintendo will release an N64 mini, though.

kashell

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 03:50:35 pm »
Ogre Battle 64
Smash Bros.

Majora's Mask

That's about all I got.

I've been saying that for a while. Now, I will say that I have yet to try Mischief Makers. I have a feeling I'd enjoy that one. But, that would bring my count up to 5.

Oh, and there was some wrestling game where I got to beat down folks with a ladder. That was fun for five minutes.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 04:29:45 pm »
1. Super Mario 64
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. GoldenEye 007
4. Cruisn' USA
5. Bomberman 64
6. Top Gear Rally
7. Mario Kart 64
8. Diddy Kong Racing
9. Turok Dinosaur Hunter
10. Paper Mario

N64 really needs a top 25 however, so that it doesn't feel like you've accidentally drove off and left some of your children at the park.

stealthrush

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 04:51:49 pm »
I can't say because I've only played a handful of games on N64 but a few that I have played & enjoyed were; WinBack: Covert Operations, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon series, Vigilante 8 series, Worms Armageddon, StarCraft 64.

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 06:35:21 pm »
Ogre Battle 64
Smash Bros.

Majora's Mask

That's about all I got.

I've been saying that for a while. Now, I will say that I have yet to try Mischief Makers. I have a feeling I'd enjoy that one. But, that would bring my count up to 5.

Oh, and there was some wrestling game where I got to beat down folks with a ladder. That was fun for five minutes.

About WWF No Mercy (skip post) if you don't care about that awsome N64 Wrestling game

I think you might have been playing "WWF No Mercy" It sounds like you entered a Latter Match,
But I highly don't recommend the latter matches for beginners  of "WWF No Mercy" because the CPU can knock you off the latter constantly unless you knock them all out, otherwise the CPU will KO you. You need to climb the latter to the top in the center of the ring and you'll eventually win/end the match.

In a Latter Match You're suppose to press a button and pick the latter up than set the latter up in the dead center of the ring. and hit one of the yellow buttons on the N64 controller and climb the latter then once your on top. You than got to, mash all the buttons on the N64 controller until you grab the trophy object and win the latter match.

If you still have this wrestling game in your collection I'd advise doing another type of match except a cage match or a latter match until you are familiar with what I believe is WWF No Mercy.

IF you were playing WWF No Mercy, that game is awesome for wrestling fans, all special moves are like only 2 button combos for every move and every single wrestler in that game has the same combos for different character moves as well.

Also if you want to get dirty in WWF No Mercy you can turn DQ off and get a weapon from the crowd then beat your opponent with a random object without losing the match. From getting disqualified from the match, you can also take the fight out of the ring. And on the stage, or hallway, or locker room, or bar, or garage or boiler room, And you can also create tons of wrestlers and thousand of modifications, character outfits, and moves, and unlock wrestlers

(keep note that you can modify existing wrestler outfits and appearances up to 4 modifications eventually creating over 100 wrestlers with 18x4 custom slots and even save 18x4 more on a memory card)

also you can earn credits for an in-game shop and competing in Survival mode were you try to be the last man standing out of 99 wrestlers or championship mode too :)

I think if you are even the slightest bit interested in wresting you should replay WWF No Mercy, that game was awesome ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:56:52 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 06:42:25 pm »
The Nintendo 64 is my favorite console, even if it's not the best console, but some of my favorite games of all time are on it...

Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Goldeneye 007
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros
Perfect Dark
Conker's Bad Fur Day

And there's plenty of others I like to various degrees like Snowboard Kids, Beetle Adventure Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Wave Race 64, Star Fox 64, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, and some of the wrestling games among others were a lot of fun.

aliensstudios

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 06:50:58 pm »
The N64 is pretty low priority for me, but my favorites are:
- Mario Kart 64
- Sin & Punishment
- Buck Bumble
- Kirby 64
- Wave Race 64
- Mickey's Speedway U.S.A.
- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- Super Smash Bros.
- Bomberman 64
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

I still want to play Gauntlet, the Castlevania games and the Cruis'n series someday too
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 08:35:33 pm »
1.Super Mario 64
2.legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
3.Golden Eye
4.Conker's Bad Fur Day
5.Mario Kart 64
6.Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
7.Paper Mario
8.San Francisco Rush
9.Killer instinct
10.Resident Evil 2