Author Topic: NFL 2K is Back! What are your thoughts?  (Read 1236 times)

NFL 2K is Back! What are your thoughts?
« on: March 10, 2020, 04:06:50 pm »
https://www.ign.com/articles/nfl-2k-is-coming-back-in-2021-but-madden-is-still-the-exclusive-sim-football-game

I'm fairly optimistic, considering their previous track record, but I'm well aware of the recent trend of 2K games.
How do you stand on it, and will you be purchasing these titles instead of Madden?

Re: NFL 2K is Back! What are your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 07:00:09 pm »
Missed opportunity to make an XFL game.

Sounds interesting though because I hate sports simulation games. So incredibly boring. Arcade style over simulation any day.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 07:35:32 pm »
Well, EA is wayyyyy better than 2K when it comes to Basketball....2K is nothing but microtransactions now (EA is better...not much, but better). 2K was good years ago, but not anymore.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:33:35 pm »
https://www.ign.com/articles/nfl-2k-is-coming-back-in-2021-but-madden-is-still-the-exclusive-sim-football-game
I'm fairly optimistic, considering their previous track record, but I'm well aware of the recent trend of 2K games.
How do you stand on it, and will you be purchasing these titles instead of Madden?

Sounds interesting though because I hate sports simulation games. So incredibly boring. Arcade style over simulation any day.

I don't hate or dislike American Football. I just never understood how to play any american football simulation game yet. it is vary complicated. I have many EA Sports Madden Games, I plan to learn how to play them one day.

But this one 2K Baseball I had for PC new. Was a gift I think it was MLB 2K12? featuring a famous baseball athlete. But that darn PC game could not even install because turns out I needed to download it off an offline server It was only 1 year after it's release  the disc was basically no good anymore.

Well, EA is wayyyyy better than 2K when it comes to Basketball....2K is nothing but microtransactions now (EA is better...not much, but better). 2K was good years ago, but not anymore.

I've always enjoyed older EA Sports Games. I never played any 2K sports game before
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:39:51 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 10:17:03 am »
My favorite baseball game is a 2K game, but really aside from that I can't really think that I have played the others. Not really interested in the football games. I think my time playing those is pretty much over. I'm more into the numbers and management aspect of sports games, and less about actually "playing" them. And most games are not really designed well to make use of the management components.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 11:51:29 am »
Sounds like we're getting a new NFL Blitz, which could be a good thing.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 12:07:21 pm »
Blitz was fun the first time I played it. Not really into novelty sports games like that. MLB Slugfest Loaded was the same way. Better off keeping that kind of stuff in a fantasy setting, like Mutant League, and not mixed up with official licenses.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 12:32:20 pm »

I thought that an XFL game was already in the pipeline. They could still do that and an NFL arcade game as well!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 01:10:38 pm »

I thought that an XFL game was already in the pipeline. They could still do that and an NFL arcade game as well!

Can we please get an XFL Blitz?! That’s a match made in heaven!

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 03:56:29 pm »

Can we please get an XFL Blitz?! That’s a match made in heaven!

YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES! They could add some special touches:
- Separate playbooks for 1, 2, and 3-point conversions
- Have the old XFL teams as unlockables (Hitmen, Xtreme, Outlaws, Maniax, Enforcers, Demons, Bolts, Rage)
- Pre+Post snap trash talk
- Tim Kitzrow on commentary (duh)