Author Topic: Anyone know if were I can find arcade cabinets?  (Read 931 times)

jipsy

Anyone know if were I can find arcade cabinets?
« on: May 15, 2020, 03:11:19 pm »
I've wanted one for a while and I am moving so I will finally have enough room for one.
Jipsy

Re: Anyone know if were I can find arcade cabinets?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 03:29:30 pm »
I've wanted one for a while and I am moving so I will finally have enough room for one.

Some game stores and arcades can sell them, there's also the recent re-release arcade cabinets that you can find at like Walmart and such which would be cheaper and are abit more space saving since they are slightly smaller and can have multiple games.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 04:29:38 pm »
Sometimes you can find someone selling them on facebook or let go something like that

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 06:57:21 pm »
Might want to check local selling sites like Craigslist, Offerup, Letgo, Facebook Marketplace and so on.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 09:50:33 pm »
I’ve had the most luck on Facebook yard sale for personal ones that need some TLC.  Craig’slist used to be pretty good.
If you want a fully restored one, just shop around on the internet. You’ll pay a premium, but it all works.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 02:41:25 am »
There are several places that have them in my area including an actual business that sells them along with pinball machines, pool tables, and other businessy pieces of entertainment. However, they are super expensive and you'll be paying over ebay for anything.

Other than that there's craigslist where cabs get posted fairly often. Several friends of mine have scored pretty big off craigslist ads so it's worth checking regularly.

The place that is absolutely tops for getting arcade cabs are arcade auctions. They are few and far between, but excellent buying opportunities when they appear. There's a company called Super Auctions that does them, but due to COVID who knows when their next one will be. I went to one of their auctions about 5-years ago and my girlfriend made me swear not to but anything no matter how cheap since we didn't have the room (and still don't). There was a Virtua Fighter 2 cab that I wanted so badly that literally sold for $25. I think I was depressed about that one for a while.

Flashback2012

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 12:40:14 pm »
Gamestop, Wal-Mart. Target. I'm only half joking as they do sell those Arcade 1Up "arcade cabinets" which are really nothing more than ROM boxes slapped into cabs constructed of formed sawdust and glue.  :P

That said, most of the best options have been already presented to you by other members.  ;)