Author Topic: What Are Some Custom Character Names You've Picked Before?  (Read 1295 times)

In other words, what are some of the names, you have come up with when you are given the option In some video games that let you enter whatever you want?

I asked this question before on a different forum a long time ago, and most of the replies was that people use their online forum avatar's as a common name for their own game character.

In Wave Race 64 I re-named all the characters to names like "Wax Stew" "Reese Gees"  and another one I called "Mr. Fart" I can't remember the 4th one though.

after all we are probably going to be the only ones to see this, so why not make things creative and funny to ourselves?

updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: What Are Some Custom Character Names You've Picked Before?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 09:55:09 pm »
I just try to mash names together from Movies, Games, Music, ETC

Ash Belmont (Evil Dead & Castlevania)
Elize Simons (Lead singers of Amaranthe & Epica)
Garruck Ravenlord (MTG character & Mystic Prophecy Album)
Kasumi Sakura (Dead or Alive & Sakura Wars)

You get the Idea

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 01:13:26 am »
While I try to keep accounts named along the same vein, I practically never repeat with character names. I also avoid anything obscene or stupid or directly naming after another character. Instead, after making the character, I stare at them, sounding out names until something just clicks.

For example, If I look through some of my Skyrim characters, I've got names like:

Kavnek Eristol
Locksly Robi
Purrin Ayanto
Thala Morren
Suvin Restro
Argo Earth-Crusher
Mashari Kalan

and so on.

telly

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:05:01 am »
If I don't have the option to pick the default name, I will always name my character "Hiro", since it's a real name but also sounds like "hero" which is fitting given  that you're playing as the main character.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 08:52:35 am »
I don't think I do too well with this.  Games like Zelda, I do Link.  Dragon Quest, I name the character after the entry number.  Games with default names I go default because I did custom once and it made following a walkthrough near impossible.  Only ones come to mind are the fallout/elder scrolls games.  I generally play as girl characters and pick girl names like Jennifer, Samantha, or something.  I think New Vegas I named my character Courier or Six.  If the game has any form of an online, I might just name my character Ignition.

The only custom name that comes to mind is the one I have been using recently for RPG games and that's Sabrix.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 03:17:10 pm »
Have been calling myself Koemo or Koemo1 on almost everything!
I'm not very creative :D
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 03:38:02 pm »
Sometimes, not every game but I do get creative, it's only a game that nobody sees but myself, probably. So why not have some fun sometimes? and make yourself laugh? it may seem childish. I usually respect Link from the Zelda Series because I think he's cool. But games like Wave Race 64 I just got creative when I found out how to customize character names

And I even named a custom Golf Courses in some of my Golf games a stupid name. I was mad that one game only so few logos to choose from, so I called one Course Deer Dung Country Club, and on another golf game my default character name is Gopher.
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 04:26:00 pm »
In the nes days I always named my character BOC after my favorite Band then later on my name is always Wartoy after Ultron's Wife he created her to defeat the Avengers but she was destroyed in Battle.

ferraroso

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 07:15:35 pm »

I do something very similiar.
I've used the name Rugal Corleone so many times in the past...

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 05:08:15 pm »
I’m not very creative when it comes to names. If there’s a default, like Link, I use it. Sometimes I use my given name. Once in Knights of the Old Republic I combined the syllables of my first and last names to make a new one.

I do something very similiar.
I've used the name Rugal Corleone so many times in the past...
Hmmm...
The Godfather Of Fighters?
 ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:21:51 am by undertakerprime »