Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. 2  (Read 1036 times)

htimreimer

New Super Mario Bros. 2
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:52:04 am »
well we are getting a new mario game call new super mario bros 2 for the 3DS and is to be released in both Japan and North America in August of 2012

for pics of the new game click the link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1223480p1.html

scott

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:51:35 am »
I think it's strange that they are naming it New Super Mario Bros. 2, when the 2nd game was the Wii version...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:24:49 am »
I think it's strange that they are naming it New Super Mario Bros. 2, when the 2nd game was the Wii version...

I think both can be considered different subseries... so if the Wii were to get another one, it would be called New Super Mario Bros Wii 2 (though that's not happening since the next will be on Wii U). Bah, I just think the "New" moniker as a whole is kinda stupid.

Not SUPER hyped for this, but it's a side-scrolling Mario game so... it's gonna be good.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:32:10 am »
I'm always happy when I hear about a new 2D Mario title but I will be waiting until I can find it for 10 or less.

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 06:10:23 pm »
I honestly outgrew Mario, I think. The games are still solid platformers and enjoyable but I don't go out of my way to play them. Ronalopolis likes them a lot so we own them, but I haven't played much of the original New Super Mario Bros. nor have I tried the Wii one or the 3DS Mario Land, even though they are all in the house here.

Last Mario game I actually played was Super Mario Galaxy, and the last one I spent any real time with was Sunshine (which I loved).

It sorta feels weird, openly stating that I love Nintendo and that the DS is my favorite system and generally being a fangirl, then stating that I really don't care about Mario.

The did announce something about a Kirby 20th Anniversary thing, and I'm all about that. :P
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 06:26:07 pm »
The did announce something about a Kirby 20th Anniversary thing, and I'm all about that. :P

Sadly I'm expecting it to be just a disc with a couple roms pasted on it. It's probably gonna be rather disappointing like the Mario collection on Wii... And I'll probably get it anyways :(

darko

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »
Unfortunately for me, I think I'm out on Mario and Zelda :(

Everything is just too stale now.