Author Topic: [MKS》Review] - Shaq-Fu A Legend Reborn  (Read 756 times)

mrkonasoni

[MKS》Review] - Shaq-Fu A Legend Reborn
« on: August 24, 2020, 01:42:40 am »
|Start》|

I have always liked to talk about videogames, regardless that my english skills are not pretty confident.

So I hope I can write about the games U have been playing and maybe other forum members can share their thoughts about the subject.

This time I have played.

"Name: Shaq-Fu A Legend Reborn for PS4"

The original Shaq-Fu is a controversial game, after all it had a lot of hype back then and even in the 90s, people weren't feeling too excited about the questionable quality of the game.

This sequel was released recently but instead of a fighting game it's a 2.5 beat em up and I think overall is a good one.

The gameplay is the classic 2.5 beat em up that I want to believe we all have played once, but there are some differences, the most obviously is that Shaq has a most powerful attack that is activated manually after hitting some mild attacks into the enemies, there are also a special attack that happens just when it feel liking it that insta-kill the enemy with a fancy movement, overall everything feels fine, nothing too original but feels fine enough for calling it a game that tried something else.

The game has some stuff that maintain the action fresh, there is a fine collection of different enemies and the game has some moments when Shaq uses some special costumes for kill centuries of enemies pretty quickly.

Also most stages has hazards that make the game feel a bit varied, also there also a few gimmicks for kill enemies even faster and I think is pretty rewarding.

The graphics are fine, they don't look like a triple AAA production but has a lot of different assets and I don't think they recycled graphics too much at the point of making it gross also the cutscenes for the game look like a well made comic, the music is cool because they are pretty long and sounds like a cd remix of something from the 90s and 2000s.

The story is pretty funny too, the game has not problems being offensive or just blant faceless, it's that kind of humour some people will laugh and appreciate, I do.

- Mission Complete!

Anyway I think Shaq-Fu A Legend Reborn is a decent game, it is maybe just meat for some generic youtubers dump on the game but I actually think there a lot to be enjoyed in the game, the mechanics and gameplay work, and overall the game feel like someone actually tried their best making an amusing concept work.

The game has a thumb up for me.

- See ya next adventure!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 02:53:13 am by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.