Author Topic: Xbox Series S or PS5? Which one is best? :O  (Read 6789 times)

Re: Xbox Series S or PS5? Which one is best? :O
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2020, 09:41:16 am »
Both.  Because I buy both consoles to get the best from each.  It’s not that difficult to do. While I prefer XBOX’s UI, controller and much quieter hardware to me it’s a wash because I still enjoy both. 

To me both platforms are flawed one way or another, but this doesn’t matter if you enjoy the games.  It isn’t like SNES vs Genesis days we’re differences ACTUALLY mattered.  Today they are two sides of the same coin only separated really by the types of 1st party games people like and controller preference.  Both of which aren’t really a big deal. 

telly

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 10:50:18 am »
I think the PS5's controller actually looks pretty comfortable, looks more like the Xbox design. I've never been the biggest fan of the PS4 controller personally, though it's certainly not bad.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 02:42:27 pm »
Rumors popping up again about full backwards compatibility on the PS5.  Apparently Sony applied for some patent that are making people think it's a possibility.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 02:55:23 pm »
Rumors popping up again about full backwards compatibility on the PS5.  Apparently Sony applied for some patent that are making people think it's a possibility.

What I remember hearing about that though is that it's only for a cloud service type of deal, not actual disc BC, so it would just mostly be an extension of PS Now, which I've heard isn't very good.    Not saying it can't work, but I'd be worried about the games having lag to deal with and multiplayer games could have issues, especially any fighting games.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 01:29:25 am »
Don’t really care which is best.

Buying and enjoying both. :-)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 02:25:38 pm »
I won't buy either out of the gate, just too damn expensive. But once price drops happen, then I'll be considering a next-gen purchase. Besides saving money, the other advantage to that is that you can see what's gonna happen. You'll be able to see what games are coming out for each, how each performs, and how much 3rd-party support it gets.

If I were to choose right now, based on the information we have; PS5 all the way. Xbox's game reveal event was lackluster to say the least. Here's to hoping the next scheduled event (sometime this month, IIRC) is more of a wower. Because I have been more of an Xbox man, myself (though I do own a PS4, as well).

But man, if the PS5 rumors about full backwards compatibility turn out to be true, that's big swayer for me, too. I have an extensive PS1 and PS2 library that I wouldn't mind seeing in HD.

I know it's a cloud-based service. But that doesn't necessarily mean discs won't work. I mean that's how the XBox One backwards compatibility works. You stick in a disc and it just authenticates that you own it then downloads the game from a server. I really hope that's the case with PS5's, as well.

Which next gen option are you most interested in?
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 07:15:43 pm »
PS5, PS5 Digital, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S?

Re: Which next gen option are you most interested in?
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 09:41:58 pm »
PS5 and Xbox Series S

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Which next gen option are you most interested in?
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 09:47:24 pm »
At this point... Switch Pro

sworddude

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2020, 07:04:14 am »

mini fridge/spongebob vs gen 1 yu gi oh kaiba

Easy choice I'd say
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2020, 08:20:44 am »
After the Zenimax purchase I am half tempted to get a Series S just to run as a Game Pass dedicated machine.  It probably still wouldn't be or a while, and I'd only get Game Pass when it was on sale, but it is a thought that crossed my mind.

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2020, 08:25:02 am »
I feel like Sony has shown a lot for the PS5 talking about no loading screens and such... but I don't think Xbox has really shown much for the XSX, makes me a little concerned.

I also haven't heard if we'll have any additional enhancements on X1 or BC titles on XSX over X1X.

telly

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2020, 08:38:45 am »
I'm definitely going to get a Switch whenever that alleged upgrade comes out.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2020, 04:11:55 pm »
As much as I'd like a Switch Pro to play certain games better, the Switch has been kind of a dud for me the past couple years so I'm not really that big on it anymore.

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2020, 06:24:27 pm »
As much as I'd like a Switch Pro to play certain games better, the Switch has been kind of a dud for me the past couple years so I'm not really that big on it anymore.
If I was a Wii U owner I'd feel the same way.