Author Topic: OG Xbox Classic  (Read 1381 times)

OG Xbox Classic
« on: August 25, 2020, 09:43:57 pm »
I saw a post about the PSone classic and it got me thinking everyone threw their hat into the mini console craze except for Microsoft. While I don't see one ever happening it got me thinking about how cool an og Xbox mini could be. If Microsoft were to hypothetically make one what 20 games (first/third party) would you want to see on it. of course stuff like Halo and Forza immediately come to mind but there were so many cool Xbox exclusives that have never been re-released since and a great deal of quality third party offerings that generation. If you were deciding the game lineup what would you add.

Re: OG Xbox Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 09:57:31 pm »
While I agree it would be pretty cool, the appeal for most of the OG XBOX's library is very small. It's still to this day one of the cheapest and most accessible consoles to collect for given how cheap most of the better games are for it and how plentiful they are in general. I think 90% of people that look back fondly on the OG XBOX think back on the same 10 or so games while the rest of the library was mostly ignored. Their loss since the OG XBOX is incredible. I actually like it more than the Gamecube.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 10:05:48 pm »
Yeah the library is great I do feel like they could throw in some multi plats like GTA and Burnout to add to it.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 12:06:55 am »
Halo Combat:Evolved
Halo 2
Doom 3
Links 2004
Forza Motorsport

I really really need to play more of my Xbox,  have a ton of great racing games for the original console, I kinda wish there was more Halo games on the original Xbox, because both Halo games really showed people what the original Xbox could do in terms to graphics sound and hardware capability
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 12:38:50 am »
20 Games huh? I mean I've actually never played ANY of the OG Xbox exclusive games. But if I had to make a list of 20 games (based on stuff I'd like to play, as well as some random games just added in to fill in slots), this would be it.
1. Blinx The Timesweeper
2. Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space
3. Halo
4. Halo 2
5. Voodoo Vince
6. Jet Set Radio Future
7. Dead or Alive Ultimate
8. Forza Motorsport
9. Dino Crisis 3
10. Panzer Dragoon Orta
11. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x
12. Tork: Prehistoric Punk
13. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Critical Hour
14. Dr. Muto
15. Pac-Man World 2
16. ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth
17. Tecmo Classic Arcade
18. Dead or Alive 3
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike
20. Conker: Live & Reloaded

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 02:46:11 am »
Like many have stated already it's not the most renown console for its exclusives but I'll give it a go...

20 - Xbox Classic Selection:
01. Blinx: The Time Sweeper
02. Burnout 3: TakeDown!
03. Chronicles of Riddick, The: Escape From Butcher Bay
04. Crazy Taxi 3
05. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
06. Dead Or Alive 3
07. Fable
08. Grabbed by the Ghoulies
09. GunValkayrie
10. Halo 1
11. Halo 2
12. Jade Empire
13. JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future
14. Panzer Dragoon Orta
15. Shadow of Memories
16. Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears
17. SoulCalibur II
18. Star Wars: Battlefront II
19. Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
20. TimeSplitters 2

10 Extra Games
Voodoo Vince
Simpsons, The: Hit & Run
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Worms 3D
Beyond Good & Evil
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Otogi: Myth of Demons

telekill

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 08:21:35 am »
I honestly wouldn't even consider buying it. I understand that Xbox as a brand has been around for near 20 years now and that there is a large following. There is a large fanbase and that's great. People tend to have fond memories of what they grew up with.

The only thing I credit Xbox with is getting online infrastructure done well for consoles. That said, it was truly the Halo 2 player base that turned me off of Xbox initially. I had bought an Xbox OG with the Halo 2 Collectors Edition in order to play with my brother online. Unfortunately, he was never online. Once I beat the story, I went online and the user base was so horrible. I was always getting put on the team with 8 year olds that were singing into the mic and running in circles instead of capturing the damn flag. I also never knew how many lovers my mom had until I went online with Halo 2. I got so frustrated by the situation that I sold off the Xbox and everything that went with it after owning it for only a month. I never went back. Granted, subsequent systems gave different reasons not to buy them.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 08:32:49 am »
Anything Xbox would throw on an Xbox classic would be available through BC on X1/XSX, so it's sort of redundant when you consider how much better those games would play on X1/XSX.

I certainly wouldn't buy it.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 10:53:15 am »
Anything Xbox would throw on an Xbox classic would be available through BC on X1/XSX, so it's sort of redundant when you consider how much better those games would play on X1/XSX.

I certainly wouldn't buy it.

I definitely think this is a huge part of it.  For all of the faults the company may have, letting people play older titles has never been one of them.

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 11:58:36 am »
In all honestly, though, the ship has already sailed; these mini consoles became a fad, if not a joke. Everybody jumping in to get a piece of the pie kind of cheapened the original appeal. My way of seeing it, of course.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 01:55:23 pm »
While the 360 had a decent line up of BC OG titles, the Xbox One had barely 12 - 20 Most of which are Star Wars titles - Something I hope they're going to step up  their game on next gen. So i feel an Xbox Classic is just as justified as many others.

Of course if I had the choice I would love the titles to be BC on a main system than having to by hardware - Much like how the Megadrive Collection on PS3/360 & PS4/Xbox One.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 03:41:01 pm »
No need to. You can play them on your 360, and some on your Xbox One. And the Series X will be fully backwards compatible, we're being told. As well as the Microsoft Store on your PC. So many legal ways to play these, already.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2020, 07:57:58 pm »
As others have said their is no need for a mini console because of backward compatibility.Still here are some of my favorites I would of wanted it to have.

1.Airforce Delta Storm
2.Burnout Revenge
3.Chronicles of Riddick, the: Escape from Butcher Bay
4.Conker: Live & Reloaded
5.Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
6.Dead or Alive 3
7.Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
8.Fable
9.Fable: the Lost Chapters
10.Farcry: Instincts
11.Farcry: Instincts Evloution
12.Fight Night 2004