Author Topic: August 2020 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 5458 times)

sworddude

Re: August 2020 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2020, 09:51:12 am »
Some additions of the past months crossed some wanted games of my list

guides 6 euro's loss shipped each

okami
valkyrie profile lenneth
tales of vesperia
final fantasy I
Final fantasy II
art of final fantasy IX

Games with a 10 euro loss each all cib

ps1

gundam battle assault
exhumed
time crisis titan completing my boxed guncom set
poy poy
capcom classics collection remix psp

sega

terminator
snak n rattle

15 euro loss each

mario part 2 cart completing my boxed copy for the n64
Donkey kong 64 cib
bombastic cib ps2

hit the ice cib free

Contra III snes the usa version, have the robo version but it's sweet to have the normal version aswell especially in europe 37 euro's loss shipped
knights in the nightmare + music cd 37 euro's loss, always have a soft spot for usa exclusives

rising zan ps1. 40 euro's shipped. always high on my wish list have only seen 1 spanish version in my country wich sold for over 30 euro's I'll pick my poison and got an english copy now. Looks like samurai western

gungage cib 37 euro's shipped was always a game that I wanted to have, never seen it even once in a deal to cross that one of the list fun 3d run and gun game

CIB gameboy 33 euro's shipped a piece

Final fantasy legend II with map
final fantasy legend III with map
King of fighters heat of battle

Sunset riders cib ukv Pretty nice shape 250 shipped

Always wanted this game, Had something to celebrate so I just went for it. Decent price in this condition for an english boxed copy.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:44:19 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

theflea

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2020, 12:29:28 am »
I got an item I've wanted for my collection ever sense I found out it existed, but it was a tough road to get it.
I picked up a few other items but the last one stands out.  ;)

SWITCH
A friend and fellow collector told me I should pick this up due to it was only going to get one run.
- The Wonderful 101

XBone
Got this from Best Buy for $3.
- NBA Live 19

Wii
My local used game store got this in and was selling it the same price as the normal controllers.
- Wii Pro Controller (Goldeneye Gold)

PS2
Saw this at my local Used game store.
- Test Drive: Eve of Destruction

SNES
I traded a copy of Mega Man 7 for this game I needed.
- Sparkster

SFAM
- Sharp SF1 (Super Famicom built into a TV)
This system felt like a curse for me to get, The first time I almost got the TV was over a year ago, I won a bid for about $600 for one from Japan. Well four months pass and the seller during this time kept telling me "It was sent" or "I'll look into it" but it never came. I look up on Ebay and see the same SF1 I bought (same pictures and game that came with it) was relisted and now at a higher price then I won it for. I was mad. I had to contact Ebay and Paypal to get my money back and Ebay banned the seller.

I was searching for another SF1 that wasn't priced over a grand, One finally appeared with a make an offer, so I made an offer of $700 and the seller agreed and I payed him the $700 + $50 to ship it FedEx. A week passes and I don't see the seller sending it, I contact him and he tells me it will be shipped out soon. I finally see it was shipped and get a tracking number and think okay it's on the way.
Two weeks pass and a giant box shows up. YAY!! I open it up and can't believe what I saw, he shipped it with NO PROTECTION. Just shoved it in a box and mailed it. The outer shell was cracked up so bad it barely held together. There was a hole in the top, the inside board was rattling inside the TV it wouldn't even turn on. I was upset and contacted the seller and filed for a refund. He contacts me and gives me a full refund except for the shipping and tells me to keep it. Okay so I now paid $50 for a trashed SF1. I knew I had to try and save it. I took it to a guy I knew who repaired video game consoles, He was wasn't sure about taking on the project but took it as a challenge. Plus he was a huge Nintendo fan and he too wanted to see this TV saved. He got the board back in place and repaired much of the back and the hole in top. You can still see some scaring but its looks so much better. It turned on but the picture was messed up.
He was not a TV repair and couldn't repair the tube. So he found me a guy who repairs TVs and he thought I was nuts wanting to repair a CRT TV tube. lol I explained how rare this TV was and he said he could fix it. He not only fixed the tube to look great, but repaired a few more of the cosmetic damage that the other guy wasn't able to get to to fix. In the end with repairs and shipping cost this rare piece of gaming history cost me $275. Even with it's scars, I still would be willing to pay that for it.  ;D
It also came with two controllers, and five games, (three where in a pickup update post I made a few weeks ago, I listed them as "free")
The games where; Super Adventure Island, Final Fight 2, Super Puyo Puyo 2 Remix, Street Fighter 2 and Super Fire Pro Wrestling 2.
I already own the last two. Overall I'm happy to add this to me collection, just happy it was able to be saved.  ;D ;D

"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2020, 09:24:12 pm »
who the hell ships an item that they sold for 700$ withouth protection.

Seems like waste, either that or maybe customs that removed the packaging to check the content and packed it poorly afterwards

Cool item regardless, never seen a build in super famicom tv before.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dhaabi

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2020, 11:56:48 pm »
SFAM
This system felt like a curse for me to get, The first time I almost got the TV was over a year ago, I won a bid for about $600 for one from Japan. Well four months pass and the seller during this time kept telling me "It was sent" or "I'll look into it" but it never came. I look up on Ebay and see the same SF1 I bought (same pictures and game that came with it) was relisted and now at a higher price then I won it for. I was mad. I had to contact Ebay and Paypal to get my money back and Ebay banned the seller.

I was searching for another SF1 that wasn't priced over a grand, One finally appeared with a make an offer, so I made an offer of $700 and the seller agreed and I payed him the $700 + $50 to ship it FedEx. A week passes and I don't see the seller sending it, I contact him and he tells me it will be shipped out soon. I finally see it was shipped and get a tracking number and think okay it's on the way.
Two weeks pass and a giant box shows up. YAY!! I open it up and can't believe what I saw, he shipped it with NO PROTECTION. Just shoved it in a box and mailed it. The outer shell was cracked up so bad it barely held together. There was a hole in the top, the inside board was rattling inside the TV it wouldn't even turn on. I was upset and contacted the seller and filed for a refund. He contacts me and gives me a full refund except for the shipping and tells me to keep it. Okay so I now paid $50 for a trashed SF1. I knew I had to try and save it. I took it to a guy I knew who repaired video game consoles, He was wasn't sure about taking on the project but took it as a challenge. Plus he was a huge Nintendo fan and he too wanted to see this TV saved. He got the board back in place and repaired much of the back and the hole in top. You can still see some scaring but its looks so much better. It turned on but the picture was messed up.
He was not a TV repair and couldn't repair the tube. So he found me a guy who repairs TVs and he thought I was nuts wanting to repair a CRT TV tube. lol I explained how rare this TV was and he said he could fix it. He not only fixed the tube to look great, but repaired a few more of the cosmetic damage that the other guy wasn't able to get to to fix. In the end with repairs and shipping cost this rare piece of gaming history cost me $275. Even with it's scars, I still would be willing to pay that for it.  ;D

This reads like such an absolute nightmare to deal with, but I'm glad you got a happy ending!

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2020, 10:03:48 pm »
This doesn't happen often anymore, but I caught a used media store slipping pretty hard on these. They had both PS1 games priced at the loose disk price, and Typing of the Dead and keyboard were at about half their combined current ebay price.

astralsoul

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 10:13:44 pm »
Just picked up Need For Speed Heat on PS4. I've been looking for a good new racing game. I haven't played a NFS game since the Most Wanted remake which was really good.

On a similar note I got Ridge Racer 7, a game I played a lot back in the day and loved so I'm excited to replay it. Too bad Ridge Racer is a dead series. ☹️

pzeke

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2020, 12:03:16 pm »
While I reckon there are nightmare stories involving customs, I'm not convinced this mishap was their fault given how quick the seller was to refund the full price without question, as per theflea's word. From personal experience, most of the items I've bought from Japanese sellers have been packaged extrmely well, they pack ten times better than most US-based sellers, if I'm being honest; however, there's that 1% that just doesn't care, willing to ship an expensive item in a shoe box if given the option.

All things considered, congrats on the awesome acquisition - $275 for that is definitely a steal. It even has some battle scars to make it a bit more "authentic".

SFAM

It also came with two controllers, and five games, (three where in a pickup update post I made a few weeks ago, I listed them as "free")
The games where; Super Adventure Island, Final Fight 2, Super Puyo Puyo 2 Remix, Street Fighter 2 and Super Fire Pro Wrestling 2.
I already own the last two. Overall I'm happy to add this to me collection, just happy it was able to be saved.  ;D ;D

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

theflea

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2020, 02:04:31 am »
While I reckon there are nightmare stories involving customs, I'm not convinced this mishap was their fault given how quick the seller was to refund the full price without question, as per theflea's word. From personal experience, most of the items I've bought from Japanese sellers have been packaged extrmely well, they pack ten times better than most US-based sellers, if I'm being honest; however, there's that 1% that just doesn't care, willing to ship an expensive item in a shoe box if given the option.

All things considered, congrats on the awesome acquisition - $275 for that is definitely a steal. It even has some battle scars to make it a bit more "authentic".

I took a lot of pictures and sent the seller them showing all the damage.
Yes I've order a ton of games and consoles from Japan and never had this issue. The TV was shoved into a box about the same size, no padding around the TV. He did put bubble wrap around the games and controllers. Lol
Odds are it fell in shipping and this caused the damage.
Just happy it was able to be saved.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

realpoketendonl

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2020, 02:21:12 pm »
I went to a used games store today. Normally this store charges rather high prices (I'm talking 10 euros for Solitaire for Nintendo DS), but I actually got some super good deals today.

• Fire Emblem Warriors | New Nintendo 3DS | € 8,-
  • Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers | Nintendo 3DS | € 5,-
  • Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star | Nintendo 3DS | € 12,-
  • Teddy Together | Nintendo 3DS | € 3,-
I was shocked how cheap Fire Emblem Warriors was. Again, this game charges 10 bucks for Solitaire for DS, yet this game was 8 bucks? Steal! I've wanted Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers for a while too. I love Dillon's design, and I like his series. This was a more than solid price. I genuinely really like the Nintendo Presents: Style Boutique series so I'm really glad to have the newest game. Teddy Together has always intrigued me for the sole fact it's a first party Nintendo title, so I'm curious to check it out.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2020, 11:52:42 am »
Last week i saw Fire Emblem new for 15€ in a MediaMarkt.

pzeke

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2020, 12:36:53 pm »
And did you get it?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2020, 11:35:37 pm »
Had quite a day today in regards to pickups.

Started my day out at a local collector's swap meet. Everything I picked up from that is in the first picture. I got most of that stuff through trades so luckily I didn't have to pay for most of it. Most notable Earthbound was a trade for several PS1 and DS games I was letting go of, including a couple heavy hitters. Overall it was a great meetup; weather was beautiful and other than having to wear a mask the whole time I really enjoyed it.

The second pics were the result of me stopping by a used media store in the area I had to go this afternoon. Both Skies of Arcadia and the Tidus figure were massive slips on the store's part, especially Skies. They had it marked at $70, which seemed a little off considering how insane GC prices have been of late. Looked it up and sure enough it's currently a $150-200 game right now. Bought it without a second thought. The FFX pics were from an anime store I rarely get to go to anymore and they were done by a local artist.

Flashback2012

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2020, 06:45:21 am »
Not a pick-up but I did see a CIB Terminator 2029 at a HPB in Indianapolis over the weekend. Were we not pressed for time, I would have asked to see it so I could have snapped a pic of the UPC (which is missing from the DB).  :P

I did scoop up a non-CE version of SNK 40th Anniversary Collection for PS4. Also found Virtua Tennis and Tiger Woods 2004 on GBA CIB for $5 each.

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2020, 03:48:46 pm »
Picked up a couple of clearance titles

XB1
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Frostpunk

PS4
Everybody's Golf VR

tripredacus

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2020, 09:48:27 am »
I actually did get something in the mail recently, I have been forgetting to put on here.

Nintendo DS
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Decepticons Version